Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Goldhawk

1. Goldhawk

KickStarter Xenonauts 2 - now available on Early Access

Yup, I know. I guess the issue is that if you post that stuff up without the context of how the build is plastered in warnings about how things aren't final, it makes it easier for everyone else to leap to incorrect conclusions. The base stuff is very much not final (that's mentioned in the...
  2. Goldhawk

It's fairly amusing to read the meltdown given that pretty much all I've been saying in every Kickstarter update is that the purpose of the early builds is purely to test that the game systems work. Balance and feature tweaks are for Early Access, because nobody cares about game balance or...
  3. Goldhawk

Yeah, you've got a similar playstyle to my own then. The key point for me is really that the X1 system allows people to make bare-bones interceptor bases if they can't be bothered to micromanage multiple bases, but it means that people that DO want to build a sprawling organisation can do it...
  4. Goldhawk

Yeah, there's a number of ways you can play out having a multiple base or a single base, but that's a much larger discussion to be honest. I was mostly interested in an informal poll of what people did with their bases and why, and it's been helpful to hear how people use them.
  5. Goldhawk

Heh. Is it difficult being that cynical all the time? I don't need any PR cover for any of my game design decisions; probably less than 1% of the people that play the final game will ever read one of my messages on any forum anywhere. Judging from the questions I get sent on Kickstarter, half...
  6. Goldhawk

I guess the final question I should have asked is - and why do you choose to do that? Is it because you can't fit that functionality into your main base, or for a specific strategic reason? Or is it because it's just kinda fun to build a big second base even though you don't strictly need to do so?
  7. Goldhawk

So, a question for you guys - one I thought I'd ask here because this forum tends to cater to the more hardcore side of the strategy community. When you guys play Xenonauts and / or 1994 X-Com, to what extent and for what purpose do you make use of secondary bases in both games? Do you set up...
  8. Goldhawk

Hey, it's hard to keep your hair clean on the frontlines! :) It looks to me like the beard is most of the problem there - it's very dark on the bottom and sides. Does the hair alone class as blonde to you, or is that too dark even by itself? Since the £35 tier with the portrait editor has been...
  9. Goldhawk

Thanks for all the backing, guys! Things have gone much better than we were expecting and we're just about to hit the second stretch goal after only 24 hours - on current standings, that will add both Modular Weapons and Geoscape Situations to the design. Cool, glad you enjoyed the game. I do...
  10. Goldhawk

That's a fair point. Maybe I'll look into it when things calm down in a couple of days.
  11. Goldhawk

Not that I'm aware of, although maybe I created one long ago and never used it. Why do you ask?
  12. Goldhawk

Thanks for backing, Darth Roxor and Blackstaff
  13. Goldhawk

At the moment the setup is that you have a main, off-map, base that holds your staff. On the Geoscape you build interceptor bases that contain radars and interceptors and work like X1 "interceptor" bases do. Aside from a few balance tweaks the Geoscape basically works the same as in X1 in...
  14. Goldhawk

The Kickstarter is now up: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/69341191/xenonauts-2-strategic-planetary-defence-simulator As I mentioned before, any support people can give us is always appreciated and especially so during the early stages of the Kickstarter! I'll be popping in here answer...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom