Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Gozma

1. Gozma

RPG Codex's thoughts on UnderTale

Wait, is Azrael not Asgore's kid? Who plugged Toriel? Hey teenagers that know shit about Homestuck, is this game like a clear tone-copy of Homestuck in accessible videogame format instead of being some shit that I don't even know how to access? Is it a hit because it's popularizing a weird...
  2. Gozma

Bugs and issues (spoilers)

*BUG* I sided with Hector/his crazy gal-pal in that questline in Meru's city (after starting off with the noble but abandoning him after the quest with the jeweller) but after we crucified that noble guy Hector didn't have anything to say in dialog when I went back to him. *BUG* I did the...
  3. Gozma

trip reports (spoilers)

Lets talk about our playthroughs. I hadn't played the game since the combat demo (which I haven't played in many years) and had avoided most spoilers. I wanted to have a super-combat playthrough with a knuckledragging psychopath. I think mostly because I knew combat would be more systemic...
  4. Gozma

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

Is there a slam dunk answer to the optimal amount you should dip into alchemy and crafting for a hardcore kill-as-many-people-as-possible combat character? Can you ever get weapons/armor with the perk type shit (e.g. masterwork) without bothering with crafting at all? Are there some really...
  5. Gozma

Moonspeak Undertale - friendship/genocide RPG

I don't think the meta/"deconstructive" shit is all that good, interesting, or important. I think it's even misplaced and stupid, really. The main good points are the fact that the guy knew how to maintain a good cute surreal atmosphere with pretty good characters, with pacing that keeps the...
  6. Gozma

Game News The Age of Decadence Released

I been ready to D1P for a decade or so. Haven't touched AoD anything since the combat demo, which dropped in the mid '80s if anyone else here remembers. What resolution is it intended to be run at? In the first one I picked all the text in the loot window overlaps the "hold shift and click"...
  7. Gozma

KickStarter BattleTech Pre-Release Thread

Unless BT tabletop rules have editions I don't know about, they shouldn't try to use them. It's basically an anti-tactical ruleset with a non-existent skill cap, designed to make cool stuff like crippling ammo explosions and head-remover shots happen to incredibly poorly (in terms of rules...
  8. Gozma

KickStarter BattleTech Pre-Release Thread

Crescent Hawk's Inception having a good rep is weird. That game is like two hours long. It feels like the shareware episode of a real game.
  9. Gozma

How do you like your encounters?

At least one legit tactical insight per battle Failing that trivial battles should take <10 seconds Go
  10. Gozma

VoiceGate: Videogame voice actors considering a strike, want to unionize

Making TTS crap act from scratch would be a waste of money. What I can imagine happening is that they get a small number of cheap, ugly actors that get paid a low middle class wage that they use as an "acting skeleton" for synth voices to go with the mocap acting skeletons for synth character...
  11. Gozma

The Fire Emblem Thread

You can get the faster supports playing naturally, but you have to basically adopt a "support playstyle" to keep units paired up for it, and pick tactically compatible units too. When there are units that have no reasonable way to move together (like a fat knight and a horse knight or something)...
  12. Gozma

My thinking is that I feel like Undertale is good, but I don't really want anyone else to try to copy it or keep trying this kind of minimalist tack. The game is good because the guy has good taste, not for any structural reason. It's getting a paroxysm of enthusiasm on the game internet anyway...
  13. Gozma

I think it's pretty great but Codex shouldn't line up to give the latest well-done indie quirkbomb a de rigueur tonguebathing
  14. Gozma

Game News BattleTech Kickstarter Update #2: Story Campaign Unlocked, New Stretch Goals

I like hearing about the turning radius thing. It seems like it would be a good core geometrical concern for the game that's not generic TBT that people that have played this shit for years can disassemble blindfolded. I can't remember how important it was for the tabletop game, but it...
  15. Gozma

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

It makes chaos weapons/the boss weapon you make with quelagg's soul hit harder up to 10 held humanity, you get more random drops (also up to 10 I think), and at really high humanity you get a bunch of free resists and armor points that are vaguely noticeable (this is like at 50+ held humanity)...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom