Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Great Deceiver

1. Great Deceiver

Zelda Series

You could run TotK on Yuzu at a steady 120fps pretty easily with a midrange card before it got nuked, not sure what the situation is now.
  2. Great Deceiver

What game are you wasting time on?

I have to admit I was filtered by PoP 2 back in the day (played it on release) and never went back to it aside from the occasional replay through the caves. I remember the later portions being infuriatingly difficult. I'll give it an honest try again sometime.
  3. Great Deceiver

The Rise and Fall of Embracer (aka THQ Nordic)

Yes, I'm aware it's Sabre and not Saber. Still chuckled
  4. Great Deceiver

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

"hard but fair" is alien technology at this point, as is brevity. videogames have been a lousy parody for decades
  5. Great Deceiver

Anime The mistake a lot of modern boomer shooters make

These retro shooters all lack ambition, which to me is their greatest flaw. Even the good ones are just bottom feeders. Gaming is so bad at the moment that even independent games that are supposedly made by passionate people (tm) are completely bereft of any character whatsoever and just scrape...
  6. Great Deceiver

Runewords ruined D2 for me. Terrible concept. I don't use them whenever I replay it.
  7. Great Deceiver

Why is game development so ineffective?

DEI women Kali Yuga
  8. Great Deceiver

Incline Team Ninja's Rise of the Ronin

Wo Long doesn't belong on that list at all.
  9. Great Deceiver

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Oracscube I haven't bought it yet because I don't trust the opinions of heathens. However, I do value yours. Should I buy DD2 right now, as an unqualified fan of the first one?
  10. Great Deceiver

Diablo IV

Is it worth subbing to game pass for 1 month to play this? it's around 5 dorra in my region.
  11. Great Deceiver

Rejuvenating health Two weapon bullshit Boring open maps with nonexistent level design That about covers it
  12. Great Deceiver

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

High internal resolution + downsampling to 1x with a good crt shader (I'm partial to gtu-v050 in Retroarch). Very good experience.
  13. Great Deceiver

Tomb Raider I-III Remastered from Aspyr - for real this time

There was definitely shit hardware back then, but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as now. Anyway, the shitty hardware is no excuse, it just masks the root cause. I think as with everything else, there's a crisis of competence. Sound mastering is probably done by dangerhair quota hires - which is...
  14. Great Deceiver

Tomb Raider I-III Remastered from Aspyr - for real this time

Decline as with every other aspect of the industry. Consumer sound hardware has taken a massive nosedive over the past 20 years. In the early 2000s, it was a common thing for enthusiast videogame players to also have a decent sound system, with a proper receiver and capable speakers. The...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom