Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Gregz

1. Gregz

How do you play the combat in Might and Magic 6-7-8-9 ?

It's nice to spam shrapmetal and bows to clear the lawn, but when the combat is very difficult I need to pause frequently.
  2. Gregz

How would Codex design a card game using a standard deck?

4 factions according to suit, and a very complicated synergy between cards. Face cards and numbers having rare multiplicative synergies. You can capture opponent cards, and there's a bargaining and exchange system.
  3. Gregz

Incline Which RPG Should I Play Next #4: Episode 1

Anyone who places ATOM RPG above KoTC 1 and Bloodlines can safely be ignored. Click those names on the poll and remember them for future reference.
  4. Gregz

Owlcat's next game is an AAA title that will need full voice acting to compete with BG3

Can machine learning apply a lisp to VA actors yet? They'll save a lot of money that way.
  5. Gregz

Is there a game sort of like WoW and Everquest just without quests, with more a focus on exploration and crafting skills(Particulary fishing)?

Why not play WoW Classic or EQ 1 on emulation servers? Those do what you're asking for the best.
  6. Gregz

KickStarter Jupiter Hell - DoomRL successor

Thankfully software allows us to hone in on the version that we want to play, and to play that. Keep torrenting.
  7. Gregz

Indie Four Horsemen of Incline - Underrail, Grimoire, Kenshi and KotC

I agree with most of your post, and your games list. I do think KoTC 1 > KoTC2, however. I would also add Jupiter Hell to the list.
  8. Gregz

What game are you wasting time on?

Play Median XL with us https://rpghq.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1653-diablo-2-median-xl-funclub-now-with-info
  9. Gregz

No Rest For The Wicked - Isometric Action RPG with Unprecedented Verticality from The Maker of Ori Games - coming April 18th

'Verticality' is a shitty unproven gimmick that in no way improves gameplay.
  10. Gregz

GhostCow's very own hit single https://f.rpghq.org/wEfHoF2IhwL5.mp4 If you ask him, he'll even...

GhostCow's very own hit single https://f.rpghq.org/wEfHoF2IhwL5.mp4 If you ask him, he'll even share the backstory, which is detailed and amusing.
  11. Gregz

[IMG]

12. Gregz

Let's help DU

If only this was still true.
  13. Gregz

Why not create a "Codex Top X Modded RPGs"?

The current meta of gaming is to consume whatever garbage you're fed without complaint. The heart and sovl of true PC gaming, however, is indeed found in mods. Some of my favorite moments with PC RPGs involved mods. Here are a few: Mount & Blade: Warband - Prophesy of Pendor Diablo 2 - Median...
  14. Gregz

Maybe we prefer older games because they're not even the "same medium" as modern games?

This thread's title becomes more true every day.
  15. Gregz

Community RPG Codex 2023 GOTY - POLL IS CLOSED!

If 'we' is the handful of faggots who are grossly overrepresenting yourselves through post count, then sure. Or maybe you missed the vast majority of positive ratings on Twiglard's first post.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom