Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Grim Monk

1. Grim Monk

Indie Quake RPG

Same goes for the Build Engine games. Searching the map for Secrets/Secret Levels and shortcuts was an great experience. The fact that they mostly made sense and flowed organically into the level was wonderful. I later had a similarly modern experience when playing Dark Souls 1. I think that...
  2. Grim Monk

Tunguska: The Visitation - top-down survival shooter inspired by S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series

Before opening the thread my imagination painted a rather different picture then what this actually is. I had a vision a Stalker like set in alt-history version Tsarist Russia of 1910s where the Tunguska Area is a “Zone”. The perimeter being “Great War” style trenches, barb wire, and bunkers...
  3. Grim Monk

Alice: Asylum (American McGee) has been rejected

What is stopping him from actually doing an "Americans Mgees: Oz" game? The idea has been floating around since the orignal Alice release...
  4. Grim Monk

Fallout 1 - most stupid game ever?

Op failed a "perception check" because the flaws start far earlier then Shady Sands. Players are brutally confronted with a harsh reality right outside the very door of Vault 13. Codexers of yore have often pointed out the Fallout 1 devs utter failure to simulate the initiation of "Rat...
  5. Grim Monk

Half Life is shit

Heretic/Hexen series also had flying...
  6. Grim Monk

D&D 5E Discussion

:lol: I posted this last December: I did commit a mistake by not noticing a major bit of insensitive content. "HasBRO" is itself "Dangerously Gendered" and may result in a "Exclusionary Atmosphere" for female players! Not if they are using Google Docs!
  7. Grim Monk

D&D 5E Discussion

I would say that WotC should hurry up and rename the game to "Sugarcoat & Sanitizer"... But the "Inclusion Reviewers" will probably flag that as "offensive to people suffering from Diabetes and/or Germophobia!"
  8. Grim Monk

Incline OSR Games - Official thread

Leaf Corcoran the creator/owner of Itch.io literally had a hissy fit on Twitter after Steam declared itself an open publishing platform because it would allow "toxic people" to make games. See this Article...
  9. Grim Monk

The Valve and Steam Platform Discussion Thread

I personally view Steam/GOG/(Other Stores) simply as way of giving money to developers who I consider worthy of patronage. That is really the only good reason to "Pay for Product". "Fair pay for GOOD WORK." That said it would be preferable for them have a direct option rather then sticking...
  10. Grim Monk

Decline Where did all the gatekeepers go?

How exactly are people supposed to "gatekeep" corporate commercial products that they don't own? How could we have "gatekept" Fallout from these guys? The only differance is that the incompetent ravishment of art by hackjob mediocrity is currently marketed as "social justice". Instead of...
  11. Grim Monk

Quake Enhanced Edition

No seems the MP is also linked to the Bethesda Account... Source: https://bethesda.net/en/article/53tAlMd4N1Aptp9PvdxWD/quake-release-notes-and-faq
  12. Grim Monk

Quake Enhanced Edition

Are you still able to play the Armagon/Eternity expansions with other source ports? I know the new expansion is currently KEX exclusive... Apparently not to play the base game but an Bethesda Account is needed to get their "Official Mod Repository/Loader" content.
  13. Grim Monk

CULTIC - Blood-inspired episodic retro FPS

I originally found news about this game months ago and posted about it in the main Blood Mods and News thread. Thought it was pretty cool that some dude was trying a Blood homage... That post now got split off and become this threads OP with the Trailer and Steam links added.
  14. Grim Monk

Blood - From the workshop of Kevin Kilstrom, Plus mods/maps/launchers thread

A Bunch of Blood News: “Bloodlines TC” has been updated to work on modern source ports and there is a new version planned: https://www.moddb.com/mods/bloodlines-out-of-the-grave-edition I have wanted to play it ever since seeing this video: Sadly I found it rather disappointing. 2 out of 5...
  15. Grim Monk

Incline Hey hey people, it's the SsethTzeentach thread

Mandalore was originally different when he started out making Mass Effect 3 memes. But he self purged his videos and thoroughly sold out on getting big.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom