Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Grimnir

1. Grimnir

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

The story is shit, pacing is shit, combat requires less micromanagement, overall I can't be bothered to touch the game again to try the dlcs or TB mode.
  2. Grimnir

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

I remember Llengrath getting wrecked by Concelhaut, and my team killing the dragons in seconds. The story characters have horrible stats, but they shouldn't have a hard time unless you never bother respeccing them.
  3. Grimnir

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

From a mod. :) The vanilla npcs have soulless dead eyes.
  4. Grimnir

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

I should have waited a few months before playing it, because PotD is way too easy. My 1st death was 12 hours in. 30 hours later and I only have to rest if I stumble into traps otherwise I auto attack everything to death.
  5. Grimnir

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Divinity: Original Sin 2

Codex's game of the year! :lol: I can't say I disagree with most of the points made in the review. Divinity 2 had better writing. The original game's combat was more fun. The bioware-tier romance, city of degenerates, or clusterfuck of an ending didn't get mentioned, but Roxor quit halfway...
  6. Grimnir

Tales of Maj'Eyal

Real men use a murder wand that let's you zap villagers, so you don't have to waste time shoving them into the water.
  7. Grimnir

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Huh? I didn't get robbed. I let Red Prince have some fun, and he had a scene with Sadha. I guess you're a degenerate who lusts for scales. I got a few dozen purple items after robbing Ryker's basement. That was common. I never had to buy anything on tactician until level 20.
  8. Grimnir

Finished act 3 without a single death on tactician. In fact, each fight was over in a couple of turns. Rangers are OP as fuck. Ifan practically soloed the ascension battle royale and 1-shot Alexander, and 2H knights deal almost as much damage. Rogue is kinda lackluster, which is disappointing...
  9. Grimnir

Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Metagaming Thread

Currently level 17 on Act 3. My party: 2 knights, ranger, rogue. My fights in Act 2 only lasted a few minutes, except The armor system annoys me, but that's probably due to tactician's stat boosts. Alexander was still the hardest fight, so far. I haven't died since level 14 and the game is...
  10. Grimnir

It's a codex tradition to nitpick the shit out of everything like lovable autistic trolls. Still, it's disappointing that larian seemed to fuck up initiative for the sake of MMO-style "balance." The rest of the screeching is about stuff that was already in the 1st game. Speaking of trolls
  11. Grimnir

I used brute force with a physical damage team. I teleported Alexander in front of my team and stripped his armor before the worm popped up. The worm ignored me while I killed Alexander. Eventually, the worm died without my interference, so I fled the battle to get more source from the fountain...
  12. Grimnir

Tactician difficulty seems poorly balanced. Act 1 reminded me of the early game hell in DOS1, which I liked. Now, fights are taking longer due to stat bloat. When people complained about the difficulty dropping off past the 1st area in the previous game it wasn't a call to give everything...
  13. Grimnir

perpetually triggered

perpetually triggered
  14. Grimnir

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

I always end up playing this game again. Running around Gran Soren is so comfy.
  15. Grimnir

[Poll] Did anyone finish Divinity: Original Sin?

I forced myself to finish it. The game got really tedious towards the end.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom