Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by grom

1. grom

Good Doom/Heretic/Hexen WADs

Is Veteran Edition the best way to play Strife these days, or am I better off using a port? I'd like to be able to remap controls (spoiled by newer FPS), but am otherwise after close-as-possible to vanilla gameplay.
  2. grom

What game are you wasting time on?

Almost done with VTMB replay. Just finished the werewolf sequence at Griffith Park. Not sure I have the willpower to continue playing, knowing what's coming next. The final chapters of this game are fucking painful. The Bloodhunt scene in Santa Monica is particularly annoying to me. Does the...
  3. grom

Revisiting VtM: Bloodlines

Yeah, it makes sense, and can even give insight into NPCs' motives (which IS a cool feature). But that has nothing to do with whether it's well-written or not. You're easily amused.
  4. grom

Revisiting VtM: Bloodlines

I'm replaying this great game at the moment, decided now was a good time to finally do a Malk run. So far I'm finding the Malk to be extremely overrated. Mildly disappointed 'cause I put off playing a Malk for ages, after hearing about how great and rewarding it was. The dialogue options are...
  5. grom

Incline [Poll] Favourite Voerman sister?

I hate 'em both. They are equally backstabbing and manipulative. In fact I always try to convince them to kill both sides of themself, but I'm not sure that's actually possible in the game.
  6. grom

Does Gothic have bad controls?

Gothic's controls are fantastic. Navigating the inventory sucks, buts that's a problem with the UI, not the controls.
  7. grom

CRPGs to play on a laptop with trackpad?

Fallout 1, it's short enough that you could complete it during the flight.
  8. grom

Screenshot thread

Half-Life flashbacks in Red Faction. Thankfully this rail section lasted all of 5 seconds.
  9. grom

Indie Morgana - a cutesy-Lovecraftian pixel blobber

What's with this trend of combining "Lovecraftian" themes and cute and/or zany pixel graphics? It's been done to death and didn't make any sense to begin with.
  10. grom

Crispy™ Is Kinkmaker gud?

Fair enough. By the way, I am not knocking Owlcat/Kingmaker for going the simpler "game over" route. One of my favourite games also gives you a game over screen if you fail a certain quest. I think perhaps "bad design" was a poor choice of words on my part.
  11. grom

I'm not necessarily asking for endless content for every conceivable situation. I agree that that is a totally unrealistic expectation. Just asking for a more interesting solution than "game over".
  12. grom

Whether or not the player is a retard for failing is totally beside the point. My point was that failing and dealing with the consequences is more interesting (and therefore better) than a game over screen. For example, your kingdom is overrun by beasts, so now you must flee into exile and build...
  13. grom

Mostly, but not: Failure to resolve a quest before its deadline should result in consequence that you live with for the rest of the game. Game over for anything other than full party wipe is bad RPG design in my book. If failing a quest leads to instant game over, then you just reload and do...
  14. grom

Screenshot thread

In this case I am using a sword which can summon a random animal, who hangs around until killed or dismissed. If you use a spell to summon or charm a creature then there is an ongoing fatigue cost you must maintain, otherwise the creature leaves. (I think so, anyway. I've never actually used any...
  15. grom

Screenshot thread

The little fucker hits hard. Spoiler in case you'd rather find it yourself:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom