Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Grunker

1. Grunker

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

In the pawn recruitment thingy dimension there are several incredibly high level pawns decked out in gear, I assume these would be completely gamebreaking to hire? Why are they there?
  2. Grunker

RimWorld - Damned Colonists in Space

This game has the annoying problem for me that if I turn down the difficulty I'm basically playing sandbox mode, but if I turn it up my colony inevitably collapses to some catastrophe before I get to the really cool parts of colony development.
  3. Grunker

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

The game literally ends on a critique of nostalgia that uses communism as a primary example. You can read anything into anything with enough word salad, but you have to ignore pretty large chunks of the actual text in DE to make it a communist manifesto. The truth is that the political...
  4. Grunker

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

if this is it not a troll apparantly somehow the internet hosts an even deeper level of stupidity - i thought i had seen its bottom
  5. Grunker

KickStarter King Arthur: Knight's Tale - dark fantasy turn-based tactical RPG from NeocoreGames - Legion IX standalone expansion coming May 9th

Archers were absolute dogshit when I played, I only played around with them for laughs. This might have changed with the recent patches though, and if it did, Low Profile is definitely valuable on an archer. Probably more so than on its natural character (Vanguard), since it's easier to meet the...
  6. Grunker

Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor

The game is just so boring
  7. Grunker

KickStarter King Arthur: Knight's Tale - dark fantasy turn-based tactical RPG from NeocoreGames - Legion IX standalone expansion coming May 9th

He's one of the better end game archers specifically because of Low Profile and he has Crippling Shot. That's about it. Dunno if patches changed the above though
  8. Grunker

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

What? No, it features the standard jRPG solution (your solution) of limited duration:
  9. Grunker

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

The latter solution isn't exactly novel - it's very common in jRPGs and often lead to buffs being either not worth spending the turn on or ridicoulously OP to compensate for the low duration - and regardless of both, annoying to use because you have to recast them all the time. I'm playing...
  10. Grunker

That's why I wrote "in general." There are specific characters where especially fire dots can work. EDIT: Though the irony with those are that it's often because, as with Merlin, their dots are so high that they can output significant direct damage with their dots.
  11. Grunker

DoT-damage in general is pretty poorly designed. The original intention was probably to be a counter to heavily armored targets, but the problem is that the damage potential of your guys become so high spending time on dots is mostly just wasted. The encouter design knows this, mostly, so dot...
  12. Grunker

I remembered there being more, but Darth Roxor corrected me with his more fresh memory of the game saying they're actually few and far between.
  13. Grunker

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

To make Skyrim playable let alone interesting? A LOT.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom