Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Gulnar

1. Gulnar

Game News Colony Ship Combat Demo Released

Has anyone managed to win the fight against the bounty hunter, the one against the three guys one of which has what i think is a energy pistol? It's the fifth, i belive. Anyway, the combat system looks good. Maybe there's a bit too big chance to be splatted on the first turn (happened three...
  2. Gulnar

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Longbow is great, 'reach' weapons are great too. Inquisitors are so-so casters because they are a 6/9 casting class and because they have a divine (and so mainly supportive) spellset. Meanwhile, the free team feats makes them decent combat casters. It would have been a more faithful...
  3. Gulnar

Originally it gave +2/+4 to two different skills (Perception and Sense Motive).
  4. Gulnar

It all makes sense now! There are three spider swarms and two giants spider instead of a single swarm in the spider cave because the end boss is a ! That makes sense. (And this is just an example. There are a lot of 'balance' changes where normal monster got buffed stats, or added adds, which...
  5. Gulnar

Consider that in the original ap the treant-bear wasn't a treant but a (cursed) grizzly bear. Basically, in this game a LOT of encounter go changed for nearly no reason.
  6. Gulnar

From the combat log i would say yes, because Amiri did 21 damage on a non crit. Between rage, enlarge and inspire it seems ok - but before that the 'beat' had a flat 10 damage dr.
  7. Gulnar

I cannot understand why the fuck the devs decided that most encounters need 'uptuning' (multiple swarms in the spider cavern, the 'cursed bear' in the elk temple turned into a fucking treant, the buffs to the Stag Lord and to his fucking owlbear) and at the same time decided it was a good idea...
  8. Gulnar

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

How much of the 'strangest' (but more balanced) classes can we expect from RB? (things like the various initiators, the beguiler, the dread necro, the binder and so on). Also, seems great, keep up with the good work. It looks already better than the pathfinder game.
  9. Gulnar

What is your favorite character class to play?

Drone controller > Necromancer > Summoner > Wizard/Cleric hybrid > Rogue/Wizard hybrid.
  10. Gulnar

Eternity PoE II: Deadfire Sales Analysis Thread

Good things: In general, i liked the game. The first one was imho too generic, too stereotyped, while the pirate/colonialism theme of the second one was a bit fresher. It was a bit like a second expedition conquistador. There's a lot of secondary quests, there's a lot of things you can do. The...
  11. Gulnar

Vapourware Zodiac Legion - X-COM and dungeons

Man, this thing is fucking beatiful. Both concept wise and graphic wise.
  12. Gulnar

Incline Duelyst, CCG/TBRPG hybrid

It's kinda twitching, tbh. The playerbase has shrunk a lot - mostly because the devs are cretins, and made two expansion packs that were absolute shit - but now the game seems to be getting mechanical better - which is a shame, since the competitive scene died like a dog shot in an alley. Some...
  13. Gulnar

Would classic RPGs be viable without the random factor?

I'm not exactly bitching that the system is unrealistic, while arguing that such a system would be more realistic. I'm arguing that such a system would be as functional as a RNG based one. Which is basically the same thing as the enemy rolling its save. And at least this system would lessen...
  14. Gulnar

But this is disingenuous. Removing randomness (and by virtue of it, hit/miss/evade/crit chance) would certainly reduce the complexity of combat, but only because you've removed a factor from it; exactly like removing strength bonus to damage, or bonus spell slots from a high intelligence...
  15. Gulnar

But the question is related to this thread. By knowing the bounds of a 'classical rpg', the answer to the poll could change.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom