Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by gunman

1. gunman

Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

Yes, it's the hand icon that did not exist in original
  2. gunman

Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

Making BG1:EE look and feel closer to original BG1 Nostalgia Pack: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/61095-nostalgia-pack-putting-the-bg-back-in-bgee/ Contains: - RESTORE BG CHARACTER SPRITES - RESTORE BG PAPERDOLLS - RESTORE BG PORTRAITS AND COLORS - RESTORE BG ITEM ICONS & APPEARANCE - RESTORE...
  3. gunman

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Is looting from baleful polymorphed enemies working now? I read it has been fixed in 2.0 changelog.
  4. gunman

Tzar: The Burden of the Crown

Found an funny thing: in 2nd mission, Sartor, then a peasant unit, can harvest wood and build a training dummy, so you can raise both the Wizard and the Pikeman heroes to level 8 immediately. Mission 6, with the massive assault against the castle is a lot of fun. After a couple of failed...
  5. gunman

So far I am enjoying it (I am the mission 5 or 6 into campaign). The pathfinding seems bad indeed, but I noticed that if you hold shift when ordering a group of units to move, they will bunch up instead of keeping their original arrangement. Given the difficulty of campaign (from what I have...
  6. gunman

I can't believe I missed this back in the day. Looking at the screenshots, it's incline old-school RTS. I am thinking of buying it. Is it worth playing for the single player campaign? Most reviews mentions awful pathfinding, and hard to manage large groups. Any advice, mods?
  7. gunman

Might and Magic The Might and Magic Discussion Thread

https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/16963?start=20&p=381814#p381814 The sprites have a newer bundle on the next page.
  8. gunman

Both textures and sprites are upscaled.
  9. gunman

Installed the HD textures for MM7 :shredder:
  10. gunman

Wizardry Wizardry 8 - surviving high level mobs

I am currently average party level 14-15 in my Ironman/Novice run, and I am pretty confident. I had a moment when I was about to lose the game, when I attacked Nessie at around level 13. It was pretty fun. At first she one shot my squishies with an AoE spell, so I retreated back to the cave...
  11. gunman

I know about using shift outside combat, but do you mean using shift even after choosing "run" option while in turn based? One of the problem is the relative high movement points of creatures compared to spotting range and the map size. You have pre-position before every single battle...
  12. gunman

I like to play iron man whenever a game has this feature. My previous run was normal / iron man and it ended quite brutal. Novice difficulty here feels like normal difficulty in modern games. It should give me some room to overcome the early part of the game, while learning the ropes. In Arnika...
  13. gunman

Playing on novice / iron man at the moment, novice difficulty looks more reasonable in regards of spawned mobs and the duration of battles.
  14. gunman

I will try that. Examining the spell list, I think I will replace the Mage with an Alchemist. The spells Chameleon or Set Portal/Return to Portal seem to make life a lot easier.
  15. gunman

The problem is you can't if the group is blocking your way. The road is not wide enough to go around them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom