Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Gwendo

1. Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Normies (that play games) are used to turn-based gameplay and combat. Most mobile games use it.
  2. Game News Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness Released

I'm not going to try it, as I don't like RTwP games, but kudos for the effort.
  3. Game News ELEX II Released

I hope PB will add a FOV slider ASAP. The game feels off with such narrow and zoomed in FOV. At first I thought, since I'm playing with an ultrawide monitor, that PB was lazy and just zoomed in and cropped the image. But changing resolution to a 16:9 aspect didn't fix the problem. Also, the...
  4. Game News ELEX II gets a combat trailer, now available for preorder

It's janky, but at least is different and not as much automatized like in most modern games nowadays.
  5. Game News Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Kickstarter Update #96: Feature Trailer

So, the beta on PC will only finish on March 2022, in time for the console release. I liked P:K and this one would be an automatic buy for me, but I just don't like the setting (demons, desolated places, war and war...). It seems it will get repetitive very quick. (I played the first one for...
  6. Game News Cyberpunk 2077 delayed yet again to December 10th

Delayed to the week I'm on holidays. I guess I'm lucky. This means I'll have time for Yakuza. And maybe Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
  7. Game News Baldur's Gate 3 Panel From Hell - Early Access on September 30th

Don't worry, hell doesn't exist. You can play without angering any dark beings or whatever.
  8. Game News Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access release date announcement on August 18th

I won’t probably resist to play the EA, just like I did with DOS1 and 2, but I’m undecided if I next will wait for the enhanced edition before touching it again.
  9. Game News Cyberpunk 2077 Night City Wire Episode 2: Lifepaths and Weapons

This is a RPG, you don't want to have options about weapons used? Because you wouldn't resist to (what you think are) the best of them?
  10. Game News Vagrus - The Riven Realms now available on Early Access

There's already a lot of bitching and moaning about this game not having regional pricing...
  11. Preview Cyberpunk 2077 Night City Wire Episode 1: The Gig Trailer, Braindance Gameplay Footage and Previews

Driving looks weak, like kart driving. The shooting part of combat is underwhelming (in general, I don't like FPS combat where enemies are bullet sponges as if we're using water gun toys *cough* Borderlands *cough*), but forunately there's plenty of alternatives (melee, skills/gadget, stealth...
  12. Game News Knights of the Chalice 2 Kickstarter live

I don't know if those very basic graphics will get in the way of enjoying the game, but I backed it up. KotC1's graphics were way better.
  13. Game News Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children is an anime XCOM made by Koreans

Surpisingly good. I bought XCom Chimera, Gears Tactics and Troubleshooters in the same week, thinking that the latter would end up on my pile of games to play sometime in the future... Steam says I've played 6 hours of XCom, Gears Tactics I've played around 1-2 hours (thanks to gamepass)...
  14. Preview Baldur's Gate 3 Gameplay Reveal, Previews and Interviews

Looks great. And with the typical Larian polish, it will be very good at release and great with an enhanced edition. Personally, I would prefer face animations to be better than Nicholas Cage's acting skills. But that's minor. (The guy shouting to open the gate really has Nicholas Cage's face)...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom