Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by haderlump

1. haderlump

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

There might be a difference between something you buy for your living room and something that gets used in a comercial product, maybe. I just don't get this stretchgoal, they obviously were going to have a map and already promised to have one in the box as well. Does this now mean they change...
  2. haderlump

Incline So what's making P:K so enjoyable?

One thing I find really noticeable about Pathfinder is the pacing of the early game. The tutorial is thankfully short and afterwards you don't get dropped in a too big hub city where you spend hours figuring out who is worth talking to, where to sell all the looted spoons and who needs cabbage...
  3. haderlump

Incline So what's making P:K so enjoyable?

As a game it may be not to great, but it is the best D&D combat simulator. Maybe not as much fun as the goldbox games but it has the better ruleset and a nice representation. Though the hoops you have to jump through to get to that combat are a bit extreme. Even painful.
  4. haderlump

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

That's not how evolution works. But obviously, things seem to be getting better as far as I can see, they don't really create to many obvious new bugs when fixing the old, just embarassing ones. However, I'm still only playing around in the early stages of the game to avoid any gamebreaking...
  5. haderlump

Make elfs manly again

Half are traps.
  6. haderlump

At least it is already possible to have some fun with it. And speaking of fun, since the patch yesterday I get occasional crashes to the main menu when I try to leave a location. Is that a new one or was I just lucky? edit: oh, there seems to be something in todays patchnotes about this, nice.
  7. haderlump

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

I don't know, maybe that it looks like DnD on first glance but isn't. I just didn't put much effort into understanding it, or even having a thorough look at it until now.
  8. haderlump

Well, I'll certainly increase the difficulty then. Although I absolutely don't know what I'm doing, the PoE System appears totally opague and unintuitive to me.
  9. haderlump

Has it got much easier in recent patches? I thought I'd fire it up again because I hadn't played the expansion yet and as I'm waiting for the big Patchfinder patch.. Now up until the end of the defiance bay quests all I've done is basically select all and click on one enemy after the other with...
  10. haderlump

Ok, I'm trying out an alchemist right now. I have disabled AoE snap to target but that doesn't seem to have any effect? It still snaps. And I can throw my bombs only directly at an enemy, not on the ground, so they are mostly useless if I don't want to blow up my own party or actually make good...
  11. haderlump

Unfortunately for them, the game doesn't run on glorious soviet technology, so it's like they are applying the Lada Niva method to a Ford Focus.
  12. haderlump

Looks like they adopted the "hit it with a hammer until it works" aproach with their updates...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom