Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Helton

1. Helton

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

The key drop rate is kind of wonky. First time I ran the quest got 6 keys, second time 1, third time 0. That quest is kind of shit so getting 0 keys is a major turn off. Wish I had used my first 6 a bit better but I was under the impression they were easy to get. Ended up repeating two quests...
  2. Helton

Yeah I'm playing with my wife on an alt, level 4 now and she was really feeling the game during the free period, we did the level 3 gatekeeper quests and she was eager to play more. Since then we're relegated to ancient kill hoards of kobolds for no reason quests and she's ready to move on now...
  3. Helton

Well maybe I'm just a scrub but this seems excessive, lol. Beginner gear is plenty to get you to your level 5 gear imo. The warforged barbarian hirelings can more or less solo Korthos and early docks, and that should get you at least to level 4. If you're a spellcaster, make sure you get your...
  4. Helton

I'm about to hit level 16 on my Warlock, which is going to be the build I run for a long time while I run racial past lives. All I can say is: Damn! I just ran HE Gianthold in a couple hours (sans madstone and crucible) and enemies literally melt. I rarely have to stop running. Survivability...
  5. Helton

Apparently Crystal Cove is running this weekend. Anything really good, must-have from that? Trying to decide if I should disrupt my leveling for it.
  6. Helton

I snagged a +8 ultimate tome for about 2600 points about 3 weeks ago.
  7. Helton

Jesus, you got 6mil xp in two days?
  8. Helton

When you get to level 30, every quest which would have awarded commendations will also offer 2 heart seeds as a reward. Including lvl 20 epic normal quests. Including super fast ones like Unreasonable Demands.
  9. Helton

I reincarnated as a warlock, going to run warlocks for a while to grind some racial lives. Man what a breath of fresh air. So many issues with melee completely sidestepped. I don't grimace everytime I see slimes now, for instance. Or incorporeals. Been playing most quests at reaper 1skull...
  10. Helton

Borderlands quests are a lot of fun and very fast, also all clumped together so efficient use of time. I laughed out loud at a couple points too. If I introduce a new person to the game probably will do those instead of Korthos. If only I'd played them a few days earlier, just finished Korthos...
  11. Helton

Skip boring/inefficient saga quests.
  12. Helton

Oh yeah trapper spam mostly only affects melee (except those spiders I guess). The goo-trap assholes give you a run-speed debuff that lasts 30 seconds. And I doubt non-melees ever even step on them. What an "eff you" to melee chars. Also that goblin boss you have to fight 3 fucking times (why?)...
  13. Helton

I'll second the anti-suggestion. I'm so fucking eager to reincarnate out of melee. Casters and archers scatter, hamstring me, have to slowly run to each one. Raptors jump frenetically back and forth so half my tactics attacks don't even roll a to-hit. Kobolds jump on boxes, spiders dance around...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom