Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Heresiarch

1. Heresiarch

Nioh 2

After beating Nioh 2, now I have an immense crave to replay Way of the Samurai 4. While the story of Nioh 2 is ridiculous and dumb as fuck, by the end seeing it all over in a satisfying way actually makes me miss the game and loss my will to start the postgame. So might as well play some...
  2. Heresiarch

Epic Games Store - the console war comes to PC

Nah, as I mentioned before, Epic Store does not even operate in China (they even say so on their website), mainly because Tencent does not want Epic Store to compete with their own gamestore WeGame. Tencent doesn't give a shit of what Epic or its player base does on forums or reviews or...
  3. Heresiarch

No, Steam doesn't block you at all if you want to buy things there while you are in China. Epic store if you try to buy something there you will just get "this product is not available in your region".
  4. Heresiarch

You guys may not know nor care, but the real funny thing is Epic store fucking does not sell their games in China because Tencent obviously doesn't want them to operate there as it will compete with Tencent's own store Wegame (which has a pathetic amount of games because the CCP doesn't approve...
  5. Heresiarch

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Anyone tried the game out in VR? It came out yesterday. I have never touched FO4 but I am curious to play it in VR as a post-apocalytic survival adventure and ignore its Fallout namesake. But 60 euro is fucking steep.
  6. Heresiarch

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

This is my first and actually only game that I kickstarted. I loved all Divinity games and I am proud to read on Reddit and Kotaku that the game is great and has much better writing than DOS. I have tried to replay DOS last month but after 3/4 it really became unbearable to finish. Too bad I...
  7. Heresiarch

Rift / Vive / VR General

I didn't know the headstrap is out. But holyshit in EU it's 135 EUR including shipping. That's kind of insane.
  8. Heresiarch

Rift / Vive / VR General

The current VR HMD market reminds me a lot of the iPad. I started with the original iPad 1 and it was honestly trash - terrible pixels, heavy as fuck, and most of the apps are crappy ports. It took them almost 1.5 years to finally bring out a hi-res iPad, and another 1.5 years to finally deal...
  9. Heresiarch

Rift / Vive / VR General

I have bought the Vive since January. It has been eating dust since June or so but I do not regret buying it, since the experience was very interesting. Games like Raw Data and Arizona Sunshine are amazing arcade experiences. As someone who used to go to arcade to play House of the Dead 1-4...
  10. Heresiarch

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

I would say that as a western gamer, you don't need to look at what the Asian guys think about. They start playing Japanese/Chinese games since DOS and fucking PC98, and many of them can write you an essay about the downfall of the eroge developer ELF covering over two decades of history. Just...
  11. Heresiarch

The main complaints are about the story. Players and critics complain that it is not up to Falcom standards. The most extreme people would say it is shit, the more neutral players say it is weak/a disappointment. I don't dare translating what the main issues are since I don't want to be spoiled...
  12. Heresiarch

Well, they did not say that TitS3 being fandisk is bad. It has great closure to the arc, good build upto the future games, fantastic fleshing out of old characters, and has a fun grinding experience. It is just not a "core" experience if you are not a fan of the games, but is a must-play if you...
  13. Heresiarch

I have just discussed about Trails series in a major Chinese gaming forums with naturally tons of JRPG fans. It seems that FC/SC is the highest point, while everything else after it are more or less in a decline. 3rd is basically a fandisk which is great if you like the series. Zero is pretty...
  14. Heresiarch

Actually as I can read Chinese, I have more options with playing the series (for example Ao and Zero both have official Chinese versions). But what surprised me is how good a job XSEED did with the localization. Last night I have watched on Youtube the final part of Chinese version SC, and it...
  15. Heresiarch

Just finished SC. The backtracking in the last 1/3 was a bit annoying but holy shit, the story, the characters, the FEELS. Why is this game so good? I immediately bought 3rd and the beginning aborsbed me in at once. OMG now I understand why fans were starving and begging for the English...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom