Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Hidden Asbestos

1. Hidden Asbestos

Incline Grid Cartographer - Best Tool for Drawing Classic RPG Maps

v2024.1 is available for everyone now. Enjoy! Change log here: https://docs.gridcartographer.com/release/2024.1
  2. Hidden Asbestos

I added fast-forward to the emulators (except DOSBox, which might have one itself?) - good for things like Shining in the Darkness RNG battles; I rewrote the image export settings page to be a dialog box - that used to confuse people a lot; Few more variants of ROMs for Game Link profiles...
  3. Hidden Asbestos

** blows away cobwebs ** Grid Cartographer version 2024.1 is now in BETA on Steam :D Other builds will be updated next week along with a what's new video on the YT channel, etc.
  4. Hidden Asbestos

Hi all. I received unfortunate news today. FastSpring, who've processed payments for the GC website since v1.0 have suddenly changed the terms of our agreement, requiring a large sum of money to be paid to continue to use their service. Due to relatively poor sales via the website in recent...
  5. Hidden Asbestos

There isn't really a Windows 10 'only' version, AFAIK the software still works on Windows 7. What you might encounter though is that Valve have, I believe, decided to stop Steam working on Windows 7, 8, 8.1. This will stop Grid Cartographer, along with everything else in your library, from...
  6. Hidden Asbestos

Incline GRIDMONGER — a new free & open-source cRPG mapping tool

Looks great Rincewind, keep up the good work :salute:
  7. Hidden Asbestos

No, it's not able to turn a mesh back into a map file. That would be ... challenging, and if the mesh was edited - very challenging !
  8. Hidden Asbestos

Sorry I missed this message. There's no in-app upgrade button, I couldn't get one to work reliably. However the good news is once you reached v4 (or bought the software since I changed over to "year dot month" version numbers) there's no longer an upgrade fee required within the "edition" you're...
  9. Hidden Asbestos

Without wishing to lose a sale ;) -- Grid Cartographer isn't an auto-mapper, it's a drawing tool. So if you want to draw maps by hand on 'digital graph paper' then I and a few others think it's pretty good for that. As for its suitability for this particular Wizardry, I know that a couple have...
  10. Hidden Asbestos

Oh hi https://store.steampowered.com/app/684690/Grid_Cartographer/
  11. Hidden Asbestos

"You have been awarded a trophy: Seriously Oldfag" ... :obviously:
  12. Hidden Asbestos

Update 2022.5 is now available. Summary: * Added ceiling drop, to complement floor elevation. * Elevation is now shown in 3D view and exports as mesh. * Mesh export has a new dialog for settings, adds a global scaling factor option. * Added 'solid tile' flag, a 1-bit collision map aimed at...
  13. Hidden Asbestos

You're right, there isn't an s on the link above, but the site still works. That's a good thing. There's no private info being transferred on the gc.com site, but feel free to use https if you prefer. FastSpring is a secure payment processing company, I've used them for years and have had many...
  14. Hidden Asbestos

You're wrong, check your link. GC.com supports https if you want it, which links to FastSpring which uses https. Well dang why didn't I think of doing that ... every Summer and Winter sale event for the past 5 years
  15. Hidden Asbestos

Update 2022.4 now available! * Game Link profile for "Curse of the Azure Bonds" (DOS) by Snozzedandlost * Ability to rotate/flip custom tiles on the Terrain layer. * Monospaced font option for notes * Onion Skin dialog can now stay open for faster changes * Bug fixes...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom