Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Higher Animal

1. Higher Animal

Is there a game like Morrowind that doesn't suck?

A game like Morrowind would be Deus Ex. Morrowind is obviously broader and deus ex has more obviously strategical elements but they gave me the same vibe. anvi is correct that the original EverQuest has a lot of what you claim you are looking for in a game, but I can’t imagine what extreme...
  2. Higher Animal

What's that game? Don't remember the title? Ask here.

I remember a screenshot on this forum of a 90’s first person game, maybe shooter, adventure, or survival game with a very alien like hud and darker, alien like aesthetic. I think mid to late 90’s.
  3. Higher Animal

Reasons Why Younger Gamers Don't Get Older RPGs?.

Why don’t you go be a good father and stop shitting on them here.
  4. Higher Animal

Reasons Why Younger Gamers Don't Get Older RPGs?.

I recently encouraged someone on the techno babble wash known as twitter to play Arx Fatalis even though he was hesitant for a reason I may not understand. I simply encouraged him to do it and he ended up enjoying it for a few days rather than get caught up in the spiritual desolation of our...
  5. Higher Animal

The best Sega Saturn games

Heard some interesting things about: Dragon Force Daytona USA Dark Savior Magic Knight Rayearth Decathlete World series baseball 98 Enemy Zero D Powerslave I heard emus are pretty bad for Saturn, but I won’t pretentiously ivory tower judge you for that choice.
  6. Higher Animal

Roundtable interview with AAA RPG devs at PC Gamer: 'We're running at a f**king wall, and we're gonna crash'

Look, if you’re hamstrung by something then move on and don’t complain. There’s too much babble about this, especially on this forum. When you are tied into the endless abyss of capitalist expectations, everything will contort to that purpose. Sometimes in order to function you have to manage...
  7. Higher Animal

Incline Divine Divinity - forgotten gem, or rightfully forgotten?

Didn’t play it much when it came out, played much more Diablo 2 and Nox. Seems pretty interesting though and it was a weird pc budget esque production which you don’t see a lot of these days.
  8. Higher Animal

Old games that are NOT prestigious

I heard the 3DS Zelda game is pretty legendary, it’s also not very well liked by Zelda fans. If you have 400 to spare you might try it out.
  9. Higher Animal

Old games that are NOT prestigious

One game that isn’t prestigious is a dog’s life for the ps2. Not that the game is bad, more that it’s a fun little ditzy that wasn’t groundbreaking or offensive or important or Japanese. It’s part of a nebulous genre of animal perspective games, some of which are now prestigious to some, but it...
  10. Higher Animal

Unrecord - photorealistic bodycam FPS

Fantastic period we’re living in when everybody from the postman to the homeless guy on the street have to disclose their foreign policy position publicly.
  11. Higher Animal

Anime Your Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Choices and consequences, emergent gameplay, and to a lesser extent procedural or AI based change are all good things, reactivity is good, but if you get the impression of changed effects in the game world, or you are able to interpret the game in a unique way, this counts as the same sort of...
  12. Higher Animal

Incline Josh Sawyer appreciation station

I mean he’s not wrong about the dark knight, I do feel some legacy animosity towards to Christopher Nolan, but I suppose it’s a good thing he can make movies.
  13. Higher Animal

Rumor: Bethesda has been in turmoil since the death of their CEO

Tell my mother that I love her and will meet her again in infinity.
  14. Higher Animal

Rumor: Bethesda has been in turmoil since the death of their CEO

Roguey, I was both alive, naive, and stupid enough to be on this forum a decade and a half ago, Morrowind hating was a gnostic mystical key to true grognard incline that was a widely voiced opinion. Page Vault Dweller In fact I discovered this forum because it was a haven for oblivion bashers...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom