Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Hirato

1. Hirato

Final fantasy XIV any good?

If it's a steam key, don't bother, you'll just be causing whoever you give it to massive headaches.
  2. Hirato

An easy solution would be to have multiple routes, but the one you have to travel is decided when the instance loads. Biggest problem is just that the content is extremely wrote to allow their dumb fuck bots to do it without having to put any actual effort into the choreography. A much better...
  3. Hirato

The Denuvo DRM Thread

> Different time of Day > GPU Utilisation is 100% on both sides > Uncapped framerate Something seems very fishy. Denuvo is not known for running anything on the GPU, so I'd expect framerates to be consistent on both sides if the GPU is the limiting factor. I've also written numerous posts...
  4. Hirato

I can't really get one. Might be worth looking at one of the various feedbacks threads. This seems to be the generic English one, and this is the generic japanese one. Just note that for some reason a lot of people are posting after vs before, rather than the more natural before vs after order.
  5. Hirato

My Moon Cat seems more or less normal, though her skin does seem a tinge warmer and more saturated. That said, I'm not exactly in the habit of taking pictures of my character, so it's a bit hard to compare - partly because I'm not giving them any money until job design improves. I think a lot...
  6. Hirato

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

I'm not quite up to date on matters with the royal family. But if I succeeded on my lore check, I believe Andrew is an actual nonce, while Harry's just a whiny little bitch.
  7. Hirato

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

And here I thought it was widely accepted that the "HD Texture Pack" is 50 GB of nothing :lol:
  8. Hirato

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Every time I've seen it in Skyrim, it's because the NPC replacer mods weren't correct. i.e. the load order is inverted vs the mods' installation order (thanks for doing that, LOOT). The important thing is, when it happened, you could be sure others with your exact load order would see the same...
  9. Hirato

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

I just want them to fix the "Rusty Face" bug. As I understand it, it's due to the game "timing out" while loading assets, which in a best case results in invisible meshes, the "rusty faces" with improper lighting, and so on. But in more typical cases, crashes, because it's trying to do physics...
  10. Hirato

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

I absolutely fucking hate the killcams too. I have had so many instances where I snuck up on a group with the intent of quickly eliminating all of them with an ambush... Only to get locked into a killcam that lets all of them get ample time to notice me and counterattack... And in heavily modded...
  11. Hirato

The Dragon Quest Thread

Rest in Puff-puff.
  12. Hirato

The Valve and Steam Platform Discussion Thread

are the other steam urls affected or just steamcommunity? The latter is used near exclusively for 'social' crap.
  13. Hirato

The Denuvo DRM Thread

It would depend heavily on how loaded the CPU is already. I'd personally estimate the additional power draw to be anywhere from 0.5W to 10W. With more modern games probably averaging between 5-7W extra. At 5W, 100 hours of play time will come out to about 0.5kWH. From that you can look up the...
  14. Hirato

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

Just wanted to note. As I understand 'radiant quests' they're essentially putting quest locations in a loot table, and having it pick the corresponding location's 'boss chest'. The designer still needs to populate this loot table of course, so there is plenty of room for modders to adjust these...
  15. Hirato

The Denuvo DRM Thread

> Add new DRM > In the process: break the game on all Steam Decks and any PCs using a similar processor. > The DRM is blamed; assumed intentional > Capcom receives 0 benefit of the doubt > Game immediately gets a minor but deserved review bomb to "Mostly Negative" You love to see it :lol: That...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom