Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Hobz

1. Hobz

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pre-Release Thread

As one of those who played the game pretty much only in coop and really enjoyed it, I'm not sold yet on the "competitive" experience. First of all if save are implemented the way they were in D:OS the whole "competitive" aspect falls flat because the host will always have the power to load a...
  2. Hobz

Game News Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter Update #19: The Combat Grid + Final Days Gamification

They don't mention skills or spells that screws up enemy positioning but I suppose (hope) they have that in mind too.
  3. Hobz

Game News Seven Dragon Saga Kickstarter is LIVE

They'll more likely get a third of the total amount the first 3 (to 4) days and another third in the final spike. That game is far from kickstarted.
  4. Hobz

Game News Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter Update #21: On Fighters and Melee Combat

I'm really considering upping my pledge to a physical tier now. I can't help but wonder how great the game would have been had they raised a couple millions more. Edit : aaaaand Vault Dweller just pisses on my hype and make me feel like a gullible popamole fanboy. :negative:
  5. Hobz

Game News Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter is LIVE

Yeah as much as I like coop in games in general and enjoyed playing D:OS with a friend I can't see tackling it to a single player game in exchange for a small increase in budget being a good idea. It was bound to create drama through poor implementation or back-pedaling but, luckily, we'll never...
  6. Hobz

Game News Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter is LIVE

That's a good point indeed but i'm afraid it's far too late for that. It's not like they can change their underwhelming homepage video. I think the people that checked the kickstarter page, watched the video en left unimpressed are gone. If the ONE GOOD ARGUMENT for backing the game is hidden in...
  7. Hobz

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant Pre-Prototype Thread

In about 16 hours (9 AM EST). They set up a timer on their site. http://www.underworldascendant.com/
  8. Hobz

Game News Divinity: Original Sin has sold 160,000 copies, already approaching profitability

RPGfrance published the third and last part of their interview with Swen : http://www.rpgfrance.com/dossier-10274-1-interview-avec-swen-vincke-partie-3 At some point during the interview, they talk about Age of decadence and Swen's opinion on accessibility. And since I found that part...
  9. Hobz

Game News Divinity: Original Sin has sold 160,000 copies, already approaching profitability

Another love declaration from Swen to the Codex : That's part of very lenghty interview he gave at rpgfrance a month before D:OS' release : http://www.rpgfrance.com/dossier-10273-1-interview-avec-swen-vincke-partie-2
  10. Hobz

Wasteland The Wasteland 2 Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Those plain teal boxes are so atrocious... I noticed them before but my hope they'll get rid of it before release is starting to dwindle if they are still in at this point. Was it made by a coder as a placeholder until an artist can create proper buttons ? Clearly straight up rectangles copy...
  11. Hobz

Game News Underrail Dev Log #33: Version 0.1.12.0 Released

Can't wait to play this and Age of Decadence. Both are games I treated basically as kickstarter projects : bought now but won't play until it's properly released.
  12. Hobz

You're portraying the situation in such an unbiased way you're definitely making a point. The "Yawn" is a nice touch, it really emphasise how much casting a counter spell is boring compared to casting one of many interrupts available. I also liked the part about moving a fighter to...
  13. Hobz

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Oh ok i'm not lvl 12 yet so it might explains why I couldn't find it. I figured this one might be hand placed somewhere since I saw some rogue books in the pirate cave.
  14. Hobz

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Guys I can't find the Phoenix Dive skillbook ! I've just started Chapter 2, did I miss it in chapter 1 ? I want to blow things up with my zombie warrior. Halp ! :negative:
  15. Hobz

Wasteland The Wasteland 2 Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

No perks, no aimed shots, UI filled with plain teal rectangles after all the revisions it's been going through... I've given up hopes of Wasteland 2 being a futur classic but that's OK I guess, since D:OS is pretty much that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom