Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Hormalakh

1. Hormalakh

Interview Josh Sawyer Pillars of Eternity Post-Release Interview at Gamasutra

He'll never lose you, right Infinitron? Well, one less backer is one less backer. My money will be spent elsewhere. More importantly, my time will be spent looking at other developers.
  2. Hormalakh

POLL: Is your general sentiment towards POE negative or positive?

Ended up playing longer than just the weekend obviously. I started on the weekend and ended up playing throughout the rest of the week. I thought the readers here at the Codex were intelligent - I guess not. My 100 hours is based on the Steam "hours played" marker, not out of my own asshole...
  3. Hormalakh

I didn't see it before, but now I really do: Josh does have a wonderful way with words. He has a wonderful way of putting down people without half of them noticing that he's doing it.
  4. Hormalakh

This interview smacks of "it's not our fault, it's the players' fault for wanting what they did." If Obsidian continues to get feedback from players in their next games, count me out of future games. I'll not be hoodwinked twice. I also categorically reject the "nostalgia" argument. If it was...
  5. Hormalakh

POLL: Is your general sentiment towards POE negative or positive?

Just so disappointed. Couldn't get myself to play more than a few hours. I don't know why. It just doesn't grip me like the old IE games did. The combat is pure trash, the story is boring, Just so disappointed. I really wish I hadn't spent money on this game. In one weekend, I bought and played...
  6. Hormalakh

Game News Telepath Tactics Released

I wish Josh Sawyer had read your posts about unpredicatbility and games when it came to making PoE. Congratulations on your success - the game looks interesting enough for a further look. All the best to you.
  7. Hormalakh

Pillars of Eternity Coding/Hacking Thread

The girl might have her drink come out her nose as she bursts into laughter. That's technically getting wet. Now that enough time has passed, I will be finally getting to play Pillars of Eternity. :D
  8. Hormalakh

Pillars of Eternity Coding/Hacking Thread

uhhhh....they're saying Obsidian developed the IE mod. Someone better correct this ASAP. http://www.vcpost.com/articles/57229/20150413/pillars-of-eternity-patch-1-04-beta-test-release-ie-mod-obsidian-customization-mechanics.htm Someone kill this before every shithead just repeats the same...
  9. Hormalakh

Pillars of Eternity Thread [Pre-Expansion]

She's saying her god isn't a god afterall. that's huge.
  10. Hormalakh

.....WOW. This has to be kept for posterity. Good on you for admitting you were wrong though.
  11. Hormalakh

Hey guys, what's going on in this thread?
  12. Hormalakh

Pillars of Eternity Beta Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

I didn't say they're half-assing in general. I meant to say that their solutions are half-assed. It's not how I expected a professional team that's "done this type of thing before" to plan their development.
  13. Hormalakh

Seems like they're in "deadline" mode and just half-assing whatever they can get away with: solid UI, combat states, etc etc. clearly not enough of them "Have done this type of game before" if they're scrambling. Come on Obsidian, you're just embarrassing yourself. I liked the main theme. It...
  14. Hormalakh

yaeh the solid ui is horrible. Sorry Kaz, but you either seem to have given this 0 time or its a C priority or something. I'm starting to hate the "mods will fix it" concept. If mods are supposed to fix everything, then what's the point of giving money to devs? I'll be happy with a L-shaped...
  15. Hormalakh

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

I won't back a kickstarter game that is old IP. If they want to go kickstarter, they should do new IP TB.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom