Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Humanophage

1. Humanophage

Elder Scrolls Best Elder Scrolls character?

To be honest, it's all rather forgettable. Which is surprising given how many characters it has. For comparison, Bloodlines has only a few, but you even remember the minor ones like a thin blood surfer or a cannibal in a hospital or the limb maniac. I guess Dagoth Ur, Vivec, and maybe the Last...
  2. Humanophage

What do You Pay for New Games?

I usually don't pay more than 12 GBP / 15 USD for a game. I guess I could theoretically spend up to 25 USD, but I try not to buy freshly released games as they usually need some time to remove the bugs. I used to buy games a lot more prior to the invasion of Ukraine as you could buy them for...
  3. Humanophage

Nice, added to playlist. Reminds me of a more Heavy Metal version of Scald. Pleasant guitar at...

Nice, added to playlist. Reminds me of a more Heavy Metal version of Scald. Pleasant guitar at the end too.
  4. Humanophage

Your favorite strategy games.

This is not the proper order of the universe. In reality, sprawly empires are nothing special and they tend to promptly collapse. The strong centres are the likes of China or India, which are generally "tall" rather than very sprawly. It is difficult to digest big foreign cities and the further...
  5. Humanophage

Jagged Alliance 3 from Haemimont Games

I sided with Blaubert even though I wanted Smiley at first. Smiley ultimately seemed not only too psychotic and low Wisdom to be on the team, but also a race-mixer - and I wanted to save him from this fate worse than death. So I sent Smiley away without bloodshed - so far so good. The problem...
  6. Humanophage

I like it. I still prefer Civ 4, but Civ 5 was surprisingly good. It was very important to reduce the amount of cities, as it made no sense not to found as many cities as possible in Civ4 (particularly with the corporations). There was insufficient penalty for excessive conquest in Civ 4, which...
  7. Humanophage

Your favourite games from the dark age of pure shit (2005 - 2009)

2005 Civilization 4, Hearts of Iron 2, Pathologic 2006 Geneforge 4, CyberNations 2007 NWN2 Mask of the Betrayer, Avernum 5 2008 Mount & Blade, Geneforge 5 2009 Eador: Genesis, King's Bounty: Armoured Princess, Risen, KOTC 1, Divinity II: Ego Draconis Terrible years for gaming indeed...
  8. Humanophage

std::namespace Skill in online games depends too much on experience. The typical PvP gamer picks a game and plays it for years. E.g., I have a guy on my friendlist who has 1100 hours in Endless Space 2 and 1000 hours in Endless Legend. Most likely this doesn't even include tabbing out. UT2k4 is...
  9. Humanophage

1. Victoria 2 2. Heroes of Might and Magic 3 3. Crusader Kings 2 (the mods are also great, especially Geheimnisnacht) 4. Civilization 4 (+Fall from Heaven 2) 5. Eador: Genesis 6. Thea 2 7. Thea 1 8. Age of Wonders 2 9. King's Bounty: Armoured Princess 10. Civilization 5 11. Sid Meier's Alpha...
  10. Humanophage

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2023: Results & Cool Graphs

Size reflects number of people voting. Those 2022 votes seemed a bit fishy but it's more like 2022 had few people in general, and many of them didn't rate anything. For example, 8 people from 2022 voted on BG3, compared to 26 in 2023. Just 2 voted on WH40k.
  11. Humanophage

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2023: Results & Cool Graphs

I enjoyed JA3 and gave it 5/5, but in truth it is too easy and it's more like 4/5. It will need mods to become genuinely enjoyable. On the other hand, Colony Ship is good the way it is in terms of combat, although I wish it was more fleshed out in other respects like the oddly empty late areas...
  12. Humanophage

RTS should focus more on single-player campaigns, lore-heavy settings

Puzzle games typically want you to solve a problem by guessing one of a couple of solutions that the developers had in mind. They usually present you with a series of extremely limited scenarios which you complete sequentially. The whole game is a series of such puzzles. In strategies, you are...
  13. Humanophage

RTS should focus more on single-player campaigns, lore-heavy settings

Although I like the videos and silly plots, I don't typically play campaigns in strategy games. I just play the maps, preferably the non-random ones. Campaigns do indeed feel like long tutorials with obnoxious limitations that make the games too puzzle-like and not strategic enough. This goes...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom