Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by humorguy

1. Tamriel Immersion Experience Released

There something wrong with T.I.E. the NPC's don't fight with enemies.
  2. Tamriel Immersion Experience Released

I have no idea how you get to level 5 as a thief with the latest 1.43 version that has been "rearranged" to be suitable for mages and warriors as well! My nephew tried it and couldn;t even get out of the first dungeon/cave system! He said it was worse than Daggerfall and Battlespire combined!
  3. King Arthur - The Role Playing Wargame

On the main screen, it the top left hand corner, there is an icon that says "DLC", click on that and a menu opens giving you a choice of what to play.
  4. Codex Review Divine Divinity Review

You want the 1.05 patch? Sorry, have to pay GOG or Impulse $6 to get it by getting the 're-mastered' patch. Read the readme and it look like a regular patch, but call it 're-mastered' and you can charge for it - thank Larian, GOG and Impulse for destroying my faith in gaming just a little more!
  5. King Arthur - The Role Playing Wargame

Saxons expansion now out that adds sandbox and diplomacy. Druids expansion due in January 2011.
  6. People don't know 'wtf' an RPG is anymore?

The OP got it right. But this just means old-school RPG's are going to disappear, because we had this same argument 10 years ago about the adventure game genre. When Tomb Raider was the first game to be called an 'Action-Adventure' , adventure gamers went potty, saying the game was a 3D platform...
  7. Help installing/running Empire of the Fading Suns

I just can't get the movies to work, otherwise I am good to go! Any help? It's a bink/smaker thing I think!
  8. Game News Jagged Alliance 2 - Reloaded Ditches Turn-Based Combat

Would have preferred turn based. But pause & go is better than realtime, where all games seem to be going...So I can live with it! Us PC gamers can't be too fussy anymore. Even though most of us still act as though we get 50 cRPG's a year when it's 1 or 2 if we're lucky, and 50 deep strategy...
  9. Covert Action - Need a modern remake of this.

Love this game I bought it in 1992 and still have it - and still play it! Never gets old in gameplay terms, and unfortunately, story-wise! Could still come out of today's headlines!
  10. Review Venetica

Given the time period Negro would have been used, so it's alright by me in a PC correct world where hardly any game has children in them, and if they are your character gets treated like a paedophile! I will never forget in Lands of Lore II or III (I forget!) you see a wonderful cutscene of a...
  11. Divine Divinity Sale on GOG

Well, all I can say as an original buyer of DD at full price, thinking I was supporting a small publisher, is i am never going to do that again - so well done Larian, you've done an EA on all the othr small publishers! Why the hell should I, a supporter of the company at their start by buying...
  12. Editorial Was Obsidian the Smart Choice for Fallout: New Vegas?

There seems a small group at RPG Codex that live their life here as they have no life elsewhere. It's like meeting a load of hoodies with no education, partly frightened, partly feeling superior. No wonder RPG Codex is the least visited RPG site on the web. So take care the one or two...
  13. Editorial Was Obsidian the Smart Choice for Fallout: New Vegas?

@Volourn - if 13 is unlucky, imagine how unlucky 13,000 posts must be, no wonder you're annoyed an an intelligent poster showing you up! :)
  14. Editorial Was Obsidian the Smart Choice for Fallout: New Vegas?

This belongs in Best Thread Ever.[/quote No it doesn't - because the statement is wrong. neither STALKER nor Deus Ex had the avatar stats and attributes that Fallout 3 had. Neither had the diplomacy or specific thief skills (although both had stealth) and neither had the quantity of stats...
  15. Codex Review Witch's Wake Part 1 Review

Well thanks to Atari I gave WW 1.0 and now I cannot get 1.1. So I have to go to the to**ent sites to find it! Are games companies crazy or what?!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom