Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Ironmonk

1. Ironmonk

X-COM XCOM 2 + War of the Chosen Expansion Thread

Well, its been a couple of days since I started to rebuild a new modlist for myself at the same time that I try xcom2 on linux through proton... Here are my findings so far (didn't play the game yet, only barely initiated it to see if mod initialization and a few customization mods are...
  2. Ironmonk

So, I installed the most recent AML 1.5.0 and it crashes after trying to launch the game, while the game still loads but without mods. Tried to deactivate all mods and its all the same. Tried the older version 1.4.1 and it works fine, AML remains working after I launch the game and mods are...
  3. Ironmonk

well, fuck... the recent movement on this thread re-ignited the itch to play again. I already started mod hunting for my next playthrough, but LWotC is out for me, maybe Covert Infiltration, if modders fixed enough incompatibilities with the mods I liked to use. I know it has a linux native...
  4. Ironmonk

Any decent turn based/stat focused space games in the last 20 years?

Besides what was already mentioned, there is this little gem: This is real time, and while there are many games similar to this that I hated the gameplay, this one was pretty nice. (although the beginning was a little awkward for me, once I got used to the controls, I was hooked) You can...
  5. Ironmonk

Factorio - a factory building game

I still think they should have adapted LTN into vanilla, all these changes to the train systems look way more complicated than LTN and at the same time poorer.
  6. Ironmonk

Dyson Sphere Program (Early access)

I tried a few things and it seems that you can go to Properties -> Compatibility and set it Proton 7.0.6 (both 8.0.4 and Experimental are too slow) with this, the game runs with a performance that seems similar to windows. I will try to play a couple of hours and then report my findings later.
  7. Ironmonk

the update is already available and at first glance its nice. But for me is unplayable, since its not working properly on linux... extremely slow. I tried on windows just to be sure and there the performance seems to be as good as before the update.
  8. Ironmonk

Yeah... for the players it might not make a difference, but for the devs if this update doesn't achieve success among players (and result in more sales), it would mean they wasted many months of work on failure. So, from a developer perspective, they need to hit that thin line... and everybody...
  9. Ironmonk

Yeah... but at the same time, the balance point between making it more fun or more boring/annoying is really thin... It would be amazing if they manage to pull it off.
  10. Ironmonk

Low Magic Age: OGL Of The East - now available on Early Access

This dev is really scummy... he keeps doing whatever he wants and each "patch notes" he adds a few breadcrumbs related to the adventure mode, but if you look carefully, you will notice that its just superficial, zero substance, while he keeps adding races/feats/prestige classes as always...
  11. Ironmonk

And here it is! Friday Facts #381 - Space Platforms Check the link because it seems that there are some animations that can't be copy-pasted here. There is a lot of new stuff here, they were not kidding with the expansion doubling the game content available. And with this lots of mods will...
  12. Ironmonk

Invisible Inc.

Bump Released in may 2015 One of the best stealth turn-based games ever (with AP system) Modding community relatively active with a few updates occasionally (usually expanding/fixing existing mods... new mods are usually rare) Mods that add dozens of new agents, programs, items and...
  13. Ironmonk

I guess this is highly appropriate: :hype: I guess from all the recent Friday Facts, this is probably the best.... at least it made me smile like a fool the most :love:
  14. Ironmonk

The Bloodline - aRPG inspired by Mount and Blade and Skyrim

We need a special tag (Codex Hater or Toxic Dev) to add to game threads with devs that explicitly treat the codex like that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom