Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Iznaliu

1. Iznaliu

No.

No.
  2. Iznaliu

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

What's more important is the effect that console versions have on a game's sequels and other games by the developers; i.e. they attract an audience that cares more about AAA cinematic cutscenes, romances and deep-as-a-puddle RNG open worlds than traditional RPG gameplay. Even if a console port...
  3. Iznaliu

Tell me CRPGs to play from beginning to end

Several of his posts have suggested that he doesn't necessarily get much in the way of sleep as he stays up to ungodly hours playing CRPGs. That strikes me as the behaviour of someone who is absolutely an addict. His job also seems to involve a lot of commuting, which he seems to only use for...
  4. Iznaliu

Archmage Rises - the play-how-you-want mage simulator - now available on Early Access

I would be inclined to believe that game developers aren't a representative subset of the US population, and probably skew towards being more educated and more urban (both of which IIRC negatively correlate with religiosity). Additionally, even if some are Christian, some might keep that a...
  5. Iznaliu

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

I doubt he would just repeat stuff from 4chan of all places; journalists usually hold sources they can't name to a higher standard, as the public is banking on their trustworthiness. The reason why it lines up so well with the 4chan rumours is probably because both of them are true.
  6. Iznaliu

A Very Simple Question

That explains the situation perfectly; with the failure of SCL, WoTC has (incorrectly?) deduced that any more full-scale RPGs will be a black hole money-wise; WoTC doesn't have that much video game expertise, so their reasoning is unlikely to be any more sophisticated than that.
  7. Iznaliu

Have the best CRPGs already been made?

Codex opinion on that title isn't that positive, and none of the others are exactly universally acclaimed (even Grimoire has a reasonable hatedom).
  8. Iznaliu

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

There are a lot of cherries being picked in this specific comparison, even though PoE is often more wordy than PS:T.
  9. Iznaliu

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

She's mentioned in the intro at least, though I would not be surprised if she doesn't pop up again.
  10. Iznaliu

Have the best CRPGs already been made?

Fallout New Vegas can't really be considered a straight sequel to either Fallout 2 or 3; initial consumer perception as a quickly-released spinoff no doubt hurt sales and dampened momentum.
  11. Iznaliu

Decline The Demise of the American RPG: Why So Few Top US RPGs?

That might be true, but if it is, it's certainly far from the overwhelming dominance that they once enjoyed. Half of those games are probably insignificant shovelware that nobody will care about or remember in 5 years' time.
  12. Iznaliu

I'm not sure if unbiased reviews exist, especially when talking about anything that the Master of Balance has touched.
  13. Iznaliu

Vampyr - vampire action-RPG from Life Is Strange devs

Codexians most of the time: Evil choices suck; evil should be more beneficial in gameplay terms to tempt players into choosing the evil choices! Codexian when the potential of moral choices is raised: I want to min-max; why would I choose the good options if the story is just window-dressing to...
  14. Iznaliu

I've heard multiple people saying that they only got into a game due to a steam that was dev-promoted; you just don't happen to be the target audience for these kinds of efforts, which is just as well from their POV, as not many publicity moves that are viable and worthwhile would probably win...
  15. Iznaliu

Decline The Demise of the American RPG: Why So Few Top US RPGs?

I think part of the explanation is that US developers became complacent with their success and failed to take risks; and when they realised they were behind, they took risks that were ill-advised (a classic example would be New World Computing) However, let's also note that US developers are...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom