Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by J.E. Sawyer

1. Game News Obsidian's Aliens: Crucible - concept art

Honestly, when working on any multi-platform title, I make more concessions based on interface differences (both GUI and controller) than presumptions about market differences between the different platforms. At least, that's been my experience. There haven't been any cases where I thought of...
  2. Game News Obsidian's Aliens: Crucible - concept art

It was announced as a PC/PS3/Xbox 360 title and was always developed as such.
  3. Interview J.E. Sawyer Interview By Grupo97

No, not really. I agree. I think our games should be much better than they have been.
  4. Interview J.E. Sawyer Interview By Grupo97

That's what I wrote in the interview, at least in this part: "I think developers have to lead the way: we need to make games that are enjoyable as games and also have mature themes to explore that complement the gameplay." I do believe that the gameplay needs to be the central focus of...
  5. Interview J.E. Sawyer Interview By Grupo97

Game art content, in general, takes longer to make for next gen platforms (including PCs) unless the content is of "retro" detail/quality. The games being described were very large, and I think most studios would find it very challenging to matching the amount of content in a single game...
  6. Interview J.E. Sawyer Interview By Grupo97

I really don't think I do. I try to be practical about the work that I do, which does mean that I am constantly trying to satisfy a wide, mostly non-hardcore audience. I try to find ways to introduce optional mechanics that take a relatively mainstream game style and make it more engaging for...
  7. Game News Dragon Age - Now featuring Marilyn Manson

/\/\/\ Nice Shikha Lilah avatar. 8-) best dog post thx
  8. Game News Fallout: New Vegas - By Obsidian, For Bethesda

Sorry, but I can't really discuss any details of the game right now. For now everything should go through Pete Hines/Bethesda folks.
  9. Game News Fallout: New Vegas - By Obsidian, For Bethesda

Van Buren dipped into the eastern edge of Nevada, around Hoover Dam. The rest was Colorado/Utah/New Mexico/Arizona.
  10. Game News Fallout: New Vegas - By Obsidian, For Bethesda

Yes. I'm the project director and lead designer. I can't complain. Certainly, though it's too early to discuss right now. Sorry.
  11. Game News Fallout: New Vegas - By Obsidian, For Bethesda

*does a wheelie through the thread* sup
  12. Interview Dragon Age flips Elves on their heads

Before Midway "did some stuff" with Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows, there were actually a lot of cool Central and South American elements in the dominant culture, the Urcointi. The Imperial Sorcerers were super math dudes who acted as spies and agents of the emperor, passing on information through...
  13. New exclusive The Black Hound info released!

No. Armor will not grant AC bonuses. Also, the BAB tables will be revised.
  14. New exclusive The Black Hound info released!

Yeah, there's a bunch of crap in the toolset that doesn't work as advertised, unfortunately. As a game developer, I am deeply troubled by damage resistance not working. As a dude making a mod, it doesn't directly affect me. That said, I'll ask about damage resistance when I go in today.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom