Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by jagged-jimmy

1. jagged-jimmy

KickStarter Star Traders: Frontiers - space sandbox game by Trese Brothers

There are 2 alien invasion eras. There are 2 types of aliens in the game. The baddest aliens is era 4 or 5, i think.
  2. jagged-jimmy

Incline RPG Codex's Best RPGs - 2024 - VOTE ONLY THREAD

Top RPGs: Fallout Fallout 2 Fallout: New Vegas Gothic Gothic 2 Baldur's Gate 2 Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines Underrail Elex Kingdom Come: Deliverance Hidden Gems: Knights of the Chalice Dungeon Rats Expeditions: Conquistador Expeditions: Viking Might&Magic X Legend of Grimrock Star Traders...
  3. jagged-jimmy

Dying Light

Yeah, already thought as much. All the more reason to enjoy the first game. It is certainly no trash.
  4. jagged-jimmy

Dying Light

Ash was right from the start, it's a fun game. All the edgelords shiting on the game from page 1 is truly codexian. Playing it now and having a blast exploring a bleak atmospheric city during a day and parkouring through the night feeling the tension. Dead island got boring soon, but they...
  5. jagged-jimmy

My notes for a first-time player

For non-casual players i would strongly recommend to go with Oddity. Exploration is rewarding (and exploration is awesome!) and character progression is satisfying. Oh and stealth. First time should be with a stealthy character. Level of investment depends on stats/build.
  6. jagged-jimmy

Anachronox - what's the appeal?

I played it during the great RPG drought. Its more of an cozy, fun adventure. Combat is total shit. But i made it to the end and remember it fondly. Tracked it down on ebay, because so many people recommended it at that time. Maybe that's why it is remembered? If you played all the good...
  7. jagged-jimmy

Why couldn't Obsidian make a commercially successful isometric RPG like Larian?

Nobody sane compares Underrail to Pentiment or PoE. There is no contest there. Anyways, Obsidian could not do an awesome game, because they had shit budget. Does not mean they would do something better with more money. But you should consider this. Obsidian is a business, they made shitty...
  8. jagged-jimmy

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

Finished after 40+ hours. Well, budget constraints do show. Habitat feels empty, late game introduces teleporting dialog options from AoD. But I liked it. Quests with multiple solitions, solid RPG systems - that's why we play it amirite. It was actually really enjoyable and possible to play a...
  9. jagged-jimmy

But that's some kind of a bug. I could repair Romeo just fine last weekend.
  10. jagged-jimmy

That is true, fighting aliens is madness in the beginning. But I am actually playing with an overpowered crew right now, my goal was to dominate aliens in any battle. Shock Trooper does ridiculous amount of damage.
  11. jagged-jimmy

As someone else on the Internet said: replayability is key. Early to mid game is fun. You play your chosen captain style (spy, trader, smuggler, etc.), build and min max the crew. But as soon as you get rich, get the biggest ship and best crew fun starts to fade. So just restart in/after mid...
  12. jagged-jimmy

It's a good RPG. Obviously Habitat feels empty and shoud've been more of a big ass quest hub with branching, faction interconnected quests (i.e. a step up from the Pit). But, it was not possible because of the budget/time.
  13. jagged-jimmy

My sneaking worked out guise ... Habitat sneak quest lifted me to 6, then all minor sneaks (check 6) got possible. Still got cucked out of sneak 6 in factory after i returned from Habitat. Why was that necessary? Now i am wondering if lockpick 10 is possible - i sit on 9++ in chapter 3...
  14. jagged-jimmy

I am having fun and all, but i do get the feeling that my team might fall behind. Faythe is already 1 skill behind for Factory sneak (chapter 2, 5 vs 6). Not sure, i will be able to level up elsewhere. MC tagged streetwise, but i also like combat... Works out so far, but i already think about...
  15. jagged-jimmy

Game News Colony Ship Released

There should be a supporter DLC for 20 bucks. If your audience is small, let them support you. No shame in that. Battle Brothers did it and they did not really need it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom