Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by JasonNH

1. JasonNH

Baldur's Gate Larian is moving away from D&D, no BG3 DLC or BG4

I think the opposite. WOTC was looking for a bigger cut and more control over any future work and Sven noped out. Connect the dots with his comments about publisher greed at the GDC Awards and his disappointment that everyone with whom he originally worked to get the license has been laid off...
  2. JasonNH

Theory: Divinity: Original Sin 2 is the isometric Skyrim

Great! I had to pay tribute somehow to Kirill in there and the music felt very fitting to me. The original idea was to offer similar quest re-writes for some of the other animals but that one took me long enough and I decided to pursue other projects. I do still smile whenever returning to the...
  3. JasonNH

Theory: Divinity: Original Sin 2 is the isometric Skyrim

Mod co-author here. I hope this little garnish on the story makes getting through Fort Joy a little more rewarding. :)
  4. JasonNH

Would you prefer if Baldurs Gate 3 was 2d or 3d?

The DOS2 engine is really just 2D faking 3D. For instance, you can't both walk over and under a bridge.
  5. JasonNH

Game News Baldur's Gate 3 announced at Google Stadia Connect event

BG 1 and 2 are categorized the same way.
  6. JasonNH

Vapourware Divinity: Fallen Heroes - canceled tactical spinoff from Expeditions series devs

He tends to underestimate his own gameplay lengths. I'm expecting most people will get more than that.
  7. JasonNH

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Taken from the FAQ on the DE in the discord channel. 4. Will my save games from DOS2 be compatible with DOS2: DE? Due to the number of complex changes coming in the Definitive Edition, save-games aren't compatible but you'll have the option to launch either the classic game or the Definitive...
  8. JasonNH

New interview with Swen by a couple of Kotaku writers: http://traffic.megaphone.fm/PPY1444384226.mp3 Interview starts right before the 37 minute mark. Nothing really new, though I did think it was interesting when he addressed the issue of level discrepancy making such a large impact.
  9. JasonNH

Essentially, yes, that's the disagreement in a nutshell. I see them as biting off more than they could chew with the number of attempted changes and rather than investing the time to rethink attribute incentives and/or going through and adjusting stat columns for all the enemies they decided to...
  10. JasonNH

I don't think they would cater to powergamers more than the majority of their playerbase, no. That would be idiotic. At the same time, putting some points in wits is hardly powergaming so I don't see much relevance in your point. Yes, I heard you the first time but it simply doesn't line up...
  11. JasonNH

Yeah, but the amount you gain with that extra stat point isn't as influential as being able to stack the initiative deck.
  12. JasonNH

I think it's more likely that Larian was looking to limit the possibility of stomping with the opening sequences than making it safer for the average player. It's the same reason they introduced physical and magical armor. I highly doubt early access adopters were using low initiative across the...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom