Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Jazz_

1. Jazz_

Recommend a turn based, isometric/overhead, full party RPG for me

Same. It's probably because they look like mobile shovelware.
  2. Jazz_

My notes for a first-time player

You absolutely can, at least on ''normal'' difficulty. I didn't plan shit and went with a very ''balanced'' distribution of skill points during character creation (which is not a good idea, it's better to specialize in one area if you want to deal a lot of damage) and I was a...
  3. Jazz_

Cool ideas you have for systems in RPGs

In most rpgs I have played you swim in money after a while, I was thinking that it would be cool if there were systems in place to make the earning of money an urgent pursuit. For instance it could be that you need to pay a wage to your party members or else they leave (JA2 did something...
  4. Jazz_

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Can this mod be installed in a way that I only get the graphical upgrades without all the modifications to the systems/gameplay?
  5. Jazz_

Thief fan missions and campaigns

I am actually relatively disappointed with The Black Parade, there hasn't been a mission that has wowed me like it's happened with many other FMs. Also some maps were a bit too linear-ish for my taste, Jaws of Darkness is huge but pretty linear for example, it's just subdivided in semi-linear...
  6. Jazz_

I finished the first 2 missions of TBP. They are great however they didn't really blow my mind (I see many celebrating them as the non plus ultra of Thief FMs and I definitely disagree there). I was a bit disappointed that in both levels you don't get rope arrows, it's one of the most enjoyable...
  7. Jazz_

I have been playing the first map of ''Black Parade'' (not done with it yet) and it's great but no rope arrow in such a deliciously vertical cityscape? Sacrilegious.
  8. Jazz_

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Why don't reactionaries make their own games instead of whining and complaining all the time about progressives making their games more inclusive?
  9. Jazz_

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

It's weird how they still can't get npcs to have believable facial expressions like VTMB did 15 years ago, the few npcs I saw in this game looked so wooden and generic they gave me Bethesda vibes.
  10. Jazz_

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Boyarsky looks like 16th century european nobility.
  11. Jazz_

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Those fps set in the two world wars always look and play the same, and the maps are usually too small for me to care.
  12. Jazz_

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

I got 2 party members paralyzed in that garden you have to climb to reach (crescent garden? something like that, where you meet the priestess of the wicker man cult), the problem is that I don't have any spell to cure paralysis, and I can't even experiment with some potions I have in my...
  13. Jazz_

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

So I've defeated the Samhain Horror at last, but now what? There's a weird locked gate when you take the teleport in that area, how do I open it? I also have the mechano owl but I dunno its purpose/use.
  14. Jazz_

^ Pretty cool.
  15. Jazz_

Looking for games like Xcom with both tactical and strategic layer

Chess, nothing is more tactical, challenging and ego-battering than chess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom