Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by jerfdr

1. jerfdr

Incline RPG Codex's Best RPGs - 2024 - VOTE ONLY THREAD

Top RPGs: * Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous * Planescape: Torment * Baldur's Gate 2 * Disco Elysium * The Witcher * The Witcher 2 * The Witcher 3 * Pathfinder: Kingmaker * Enderal * Kingdom Come: Deliverance Hidden Gems: * The Age of Decadence * Shadowrun: Dragonfall * The Witcher * The...
  2. jerfdr

Game News Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Released

Actual owners rating is 3.9/5, and the majority of negative reviews are coming from Poles disappointed with the lack of Polish translation.
  3. jerfdr

KickStarter Black Book - RPG adventure based on Slavic myths with card-based combat

I'm personally not a fan (mildly speaking) of card combat as well, but I found it to be quite interesting in this case. Loving the game so far. Infinitron Why isn't the news piece about this game's release on the front page, by the way?
  4. jerfdr

Game News Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Kickstarter Update #94: Dev Diary #4, Preorders and Season Pass

Most likely it'll work 100% fine with Steam Proton (which you can also use if you buy the game from some other store), so it doesn't really matter whether they ship a native Linux version.
  5. jerfdr

Game News Solasta: Crown of the Magister Sorcerer Update

Is the narrative as lackluster throughout the game as during its first hour? I played it for about an hour after the character creation and had to drop it due to completely lacking any interest to proceed. On the other hand, Kingmaker felt pretty generic and boring at first too, but ended up...
  6. jerfdr

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Again, at this point it's just baseless speculation, there is no indication that he has been fired by Owlcats. He was a contactor, and they're saying that he did everything they agreed upon. I don't see where do the claims that he's been fired come from, at all. Like I said, it's perfectly...
  7. jerfdr

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Again, what are you basing this on? Maybe he has indeed just finished his work, as they are claiming? I mean, this wouldn't even be strange, as narrative designers normally finish their work quite a bit earlier than most of the team.
  8. jerfdr

But what if he has indeed finished his job by that time? Why do you assume that she's not telling the truth? As I see it, at this point there is no indication that he was sacked, unless new info surfaces.
  9. jerfdr

Could anyone having the latest beta describe the details of the Loremaster PrC? (it was finally added to the latest beta, right?) Apparently, it's possible to add a single Wizard/Cleric/Druid spell to your spellbook every second level? (is it correct?) What are the level restrictions on the...
  10. jerfdr

Could you go into more details regarding that? Which archetype, mystery, curse, revelations, etc would work best for a backline damage dealing/battlefield controlling caster (specifically in WotR preferably, assuming Angel spellbook merging)?
  11. jerfdr

What's this focus precisely, by the way?
  12. jerfdr

Yup, definitely considering an Oracle only when going the Angel path and merging spellbooks. I'm leaning Waves or Nature too. But isn't Nature weak late game? I've seen opinions that animal companions are worse in WotR compared to Kingmaker even despite the fact that they have been buffed up...
  13. jerfdr

There is also Ancient Lorekeeper on the list (from here). Apparently it's not implemented yet in the beta, but will be in the game upon release? Looks interesting. Could you explain what is the advantage of Seeker compared to, say, Enlightened Philosopher, in more detail? It seems that for the...
  14. jerfdr

Has anyone here tried building an Oracle? What is the best Mystery (and the best Curse) if I want a battlefield controlling/damage dealing backline caster?
  15. jerfdr

Ok, sorry, I'm wrong here. Still, having watched and listened to that video more carefully, it's clear that you don't get a "full divine spellbook" via going Angel. Yes, you get a spellbook which contains some regular divine spells in addition to the special Angel ones, but the selection of...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom