Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by jewboy

1. Temple+ Support archive

Does the latest version of Temple+ compile with Visual Studio 2019 or should I continue to keep a copy of vs2017 for compiling this project?
  2. Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

I am just starting my first game. Rolling my chars. I have to say that so far this game reminds me of a lot of TOEE and 3rd Edition D&D in general. It looks like Owlcat was like ok guys ToEE has the best combat system of any cRPG. Let's not pull a Sawyer and fail by overestimating our abilities...
  3. Incline Temple of Elemental Evil

I am planning to do a replay of this soon. Yes it sucks but it is also one of the best cRPGs ever made. The combat is just so much fun. I cannot think of a game with better combat. I skip Homlett as much as possible and just get on with the rest of the game which is superfun compared to most...
  4. Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Tale of Wuxia

The review didn't mention it, but I can only assume that the combat is turn based since nothing else would be worthy of such high praise on the codex. Obviously it is not real time combat.
  5. The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

So this game has no redeeming qualities at all? Is it worse than PoE? How does it compare to Rage or Borderlands or Far Cry 4? Far Cry 4 has timed quests and I really hate those, but hunting snow leopards was kind of fun and the graphics were amazing.
  6. The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

Ok so companions are out then. Even in FNV they made fighting too easy. It's not like we have MCA doing the writing here so I assume companions are probably not that worth taking anyway. What about solo fights though? Is there an equivalent to fighting cazadores solo at low level here? Maybe...
  7. The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

How does the combat compare to FNV? Even in FNV the combat was so easy that I could not travel with a companion. I found the combat challenging enough on the hardest setting when solo though especially against deathclaws and cazadores in the early game. Having a companion in FNV was like a IWIN...
  8. George Ziets opening a new RPG studio - Digimancy Entertainment

Ohio is not affordable. Venezuela is affordable. Or India or Malaysia or Thailand. What a depressing place to live. Lots of suicides I bet.
  9. The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

What's your problem dude? You don't talk to jews? Are you from the southern US or eastern europe by any chance? Just answer the fucking question or admit that you were just making shit up.
  10. Classes or classless, which system is better in RPGs?

Classes are more gamey I think and so inherently superior to classless and as others have said most of the best RPGs had classes. I think it must be easier to design a fun game with classes than without them.
  11. The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

What store allowed that? I can't think of any. Was it some small local store where you lived? Where I lived people would have flocked to it. It certainly wasn't a chain store. I do remember there was a small local music store that allowed you to return opened CDs if you didn't like them but they...
  12. The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Not sure what country you lived in, but in the US you couldn't get a refund on opened software. I don't even think you could get store credit. I cannot imagine how lame you would have to be to try. Um yeah I know the rules but the game was just so bad!
  13. Game News Sengoku Rance: The 'Gahahaha' Gets Released in the West

Tasteful rape? Underage anime chicks? This sounds juicy. Does your character actually get to rape girls or is it just something you fight against as a good guy?
  14. NWN Should I start with MOTB?

I assume you have already played through Planescape:Torment because that is really where MCA worked his magic. You've probably played Fallout New Vegas already but he also did some of the writing for that game especially in the expansions. MotB is a wonderful and well written game, but it's...
  15. Baldur’s Gate 2 is not for me...

Heh. Well my impression of Minsc was always 'written for 5 year olds'. Didn't stop me from hugely enjoying the game though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom