Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by jf8350143

1. jf8350143

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

I mean they pretty much just write whatever they want anyway, so I don't think they "had to". It's more like they want to because they think it might make some of the fans of the first two games happy.
  2. jf8350143

I have to disagree. They planned the dead three from the very beginning. There are already the dead 3 symbol in the very first trailer they show. Also can Dead 3 even considerred an iconic part of the first two games? I doubt people would care if they are not in there. Then again I doubt they...
  3. jf8350143

Anything revolves around emperor makes no sense and full of plot holes, another reason why act 3 is so awful. It's pretty obvious they shoehorned him into the story last minute and didn't put much thought into it. The writers probably think themsleves pretty clever and proud of this character...
  4. jf8350143

Dark Urge doesn't need to be good to reject Bhaal. There is even a line says something like "from now on all of the murders are on you own, not Bhaal". It's already proven not only by the first two games but also in this game that being baalspawn doesn't necessarily means you have to do what...
  5. jf8350143

She is power hungry but she hates being controlled by others, especially gods because she was controlled by the absolute. She approves of Shadow heart rid of Shal's control while critize Warlocks for begging power from their patreon. Before this patch, in the epilogue she even praise Dark Urge...
  6. jf8350143

So in the new patch they added a new dialogue for Minthara where she gets angry at Dark Urge and break up with them if they reject Bhaal because she thinks rejects power is stupid, even when the power costs your freedom. Which basically goes against everything she does and says before the patch...
  7. jf8350143

Solasta: Crown of the Magister or Baldur's Gate 3

If you just want play the campaign made by the devs, unless you only want to play 5e combat(why?), I would recommand BG 3 even though it's overrated as fuck. But solasta has bunch of fan made content and some of them are actually fairly decent. And if you want you can even create your own...
  8. jf8350143

Technically you can't create a custom party, you can hire mercenries but they are all preset characters, you can only change their classes and looks, If I recall correctly, the lighting system is also being toned down quite a lot, no doubt to make it more appealing to the normies. In EA if you...
  9. jf8350143

It's just the vanguard which was defeated by the city's army. It was mentioned by some flaming fists but that's it. The army was still out there but they never do anything and the people in the city never seem to care about it, despite it was suppose to be the reason why they choose gortash to...
  10. jf8350143

The absolute army feels like another cut content to me. They make a big deal for it at the end of act 2 and then it just disappears off screen. No one even talks about it in act 3. Everyone is supposedly shitting their pants and make Gortash the leader, but none of the npc in the game says...
  11. jf8350143

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games

As for space marine, they are much better now. Mainly because their weapons' base damage is much higher comparing to before, and there are not many ways to increase the base damage after the new patch. Still I don't think Ulfar is stronger than Agenta even after the buff. Agenta simply has...
  12. jf8350143

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games

The problem with melta and plasma is that they can only deal damage once every time you fire them, while bursting fire deals like a dozen.(Also melta's clip size is way too small) So even if their attack does twice the amout of damage(which they don't), the bursting fire will always have way...
  13. jf8350143

They haven't update any of the chinese localization so the skill descriptions are all messed up, most of them are out dated. Anyway they changed versatility and inspire to extra% of damage instead of flat damage. Now the single attack and bursting fire basicallly deal the same amout of damage...
  14. jf8350143

Rogue Trader's first two chapters are as good as Baldur's Gate 3's first two chapters. And Rogue Trader's last three chapters are much better than the third chapter of Baldur's Gate 3.
  15. jf8350143

It depends on the dialogue choices you pick. If you make her feel too guilty she will not be allowed into the ship and you get nothing from the quest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom