Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by joesys

1. joesys

KickStarter Forged of Blood - turn-based tactical fantasy RPG

We have "x2" and "x3" moving speed option. I don't remember the exact multiplier, but I believe on the fastest speed, it's more than x3. With regards to 8GB of RAM, we tried to optimize our game as much as we can. However, we don't really have 4GB of RAM computer to test it. It may run or it...
  2. joesys

Our next game will be Forged of Soul. :-P
  3. joesys

The technical term is event based narrative. In practical term, we have a few story line path that you can follow, or you can ignore story line completely and conquer the world region by region
  4. joesys

Probably not. We will post our proper features trailer video, but that video still need a bit more time. In the mean time, we are required to submit an uncut gameplay video as part of application to be listed on GOG. The video you saw is the video we made for GOG store application. We have a...
  5. joesys

Agreed. We are making feature trailer and will be uploading in a couple of weeks time.
  6. joesys

Weapon skill tree is not the only way to affect hit chance. You also have general ability tree (which is applicable to all weapons/magic) which you can pick every time you level up. We also have a "come back" mechanics where if you are under-leveled, you gain skill points at a faster rate (more...
  7. joesys

While our system do allow a great number of weapon variations, we have a somewhat more targeted crafting than Diablo which tends to rely more on the luck for their itemization. So you have more control over what weapon you want to craft (though not 100%). We had a target value on how much does...
  8. joesys

Just a head up. We are about to head out for PAX East now so I'll probably won't answer until later. Sent from my SM-G935K using Tapatalk
  9. joesys

Some abilities in the skill tree affects hit chance or damage dealt. Some abilities in the skill tree gives you new ability.
  10. joesys

There will be some hard skill check, especially in narrative section since that's how we keep track of personality and reputation. For combat, it'd be similar to XCOM so there are some rolling involved. Narrative wise, since certain path is mutually exclusive, you won't be able to see 100% of...
  11. joesys

Game News Forged of Blood, a turn-based tactical fantasy RPG, now on Kickstarter

Yes, it will be balanced to make both magic and non magic viable. I do admit we show magic more in our video and KS because it looks prettier to draw people in.... :P
  12. joesys

Please do. I love all sort of tactical RPGs. :-)
  13. joesys

Hey, may I ask what is your game you are developing? -Joe
  14. joesys

That actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the information. I think for the moment, we will concentrate on making our KS successful first before contacting Infinitron or DU Thanks, -Joe
  15. joesys

Thank you. We are excited to show what we have done. We do have a little of opening night jitter as this would be the first time we show the game to world wide audience. The morale in office seems high as the studio has a lot of energy in the last few days. I am proud of what the team has...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom