Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by kintake

1. kintake

History of rpgs

Finally the age old question of 'what constitutes an RPG?' is answered.
  2. kintake

The smoking gun

I failed some of my stealing rolls in PS:T. Only the merchant you stole from and some potential guards will attack you, the rest of the people wont really care. So no need to quickload, just live with it, kill the vendor for his rude reaction to your five-finger discount and carry on with your...
  3. kintake

The smoking gun

The best combat isn't RtWP or TB. The best "combat" is avoidance of conflict! Diplomacy wins the day! Friendship and love for everyone! (And some additional sneakiness to pilfer loot under peoples noses, love for everyone means love for yourself after all)
  4. kintake

RPGs with gold/silver/copper coins system

Return is kind of interesting in that it only values your money in coins, but it's measured in diamonds in your inventory. So you don't walk around with a bag of 15,000 coins but instead a few large diamonds and some lesser ones that's priced in at X amount of coin.
  5. kintake

RPGs with gold/silver/copper coins system

Amulets & Armor has Platinum, Gold, Silver and Copper.
  6. kintake

RPGs with shapeshifting as a prominent mechanic

Fade portion of Dragon Age: Origins and Wonder Boy 3 are the only games I can think of off the top of my head.
  7. kintake

Incline Things are looking up, eh?

Yeah, thought for sure this was considered vaporware by now? Please don't get my hopes up for this, I've been hurt too many times by broken promises of incline :(
  8. kintake

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Rumors [CONFIRMED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tumblr level writing, holy shit that's painful. Those are the riposte of someone sporting pink hair and a personality disorder, not a child of Bhaal on an epic quest through Faerun.
  9. kintake

Gothic 2 NotR Combat

Turning into a dinosaur and eating everything in your path >>>> backstep >>>> parry
  10. kintake

GABE sells chinese underwear - Valve on the Edge

Mmmm that knowing look of his. You just know those undies are gonna be peeled off and end up on your bedroom floor.
  11. kintake

Thot button

So not only does he let someone else fuck his wife, he's a commie bastard to boot!
  12. kintake

Screenshot thread

13. kintake

Maximum Action by George Mandell or Nu-Minecraft-Max Payne

Kinda looks like a non-shitty version of Blood 2.
  14. kintake

Beyond a Steel Sky - sequel to Beneath a Steel Sky from Revolution Software

He's interfaced to the A.I system (LINC) beneath the city.
  15. kintake

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

And if you slightly tilt it, it becomes a cavalier oblique game. But why? Doesn't look better or improved to me at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom