Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Klarion

1. Klarion

I wish it was hangover

I wish it was hangover
  2. Klarion

Oooh, my head.

Oooh, my head.
  3. Klarion

Make it stop!

Make it stop!
  4. Klarion

I ache all over.

I ache all over.
  5. Klarion

Boy, I'm sleepy

Boy, I'm sleepy
  6. Klarion

Oh, the pain.

Oh, the pain.
  7. Klarion

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Nobody here's mentioning anything about how they're basically making RPG in a GTA size environment... Did any RPG before this try making world even close to this scale? I don't mean a dozen of medieval cities with a huge sea of emptiness between them. I don't think so. I'm a bit skeptical on how...
  8. Klarion

Request of official term change

Storyfag is a perfect term because if you play RPGs for story then you're feminine emasculated faggot who should wear a dress. Real men play RPGs because of combat. End of story.
  9. Klarion

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

I have a feeling we're gonna see something like Skyrim basically. But in a completely different setting. Obsidian studio wants to have something like that, I mean some franchise like Bethesda has.
  10. Klarion

RPGs cannot have action-based movement or combat, Fallout: New Vegas is not an RPG

They wouldn't fall into my CRPG category. I think current RPG genre is too wide. If you look at Codex top RPG list, the range of games that can be found in there is staggering... When I say words like FPS, racing game, RTS etc. you know exactly what you're gonna get. With RPG though, it can go...
  11. Klarion

RPGs cannot have action-based movement or combat, Fallout: New Vegas is not an RPG

There isn't any sort of even nearly clear definition of what RPG is. It's the most ambiguous video game genre and almost anything can fall into RPG category. Give me a role(or a few roles, can even be up to dozen of them), put in some dialogue, few stats and bam, you got yourself an RPG. Thats...
  12. Klarion

Beamdog working on a new D&D CRPG (cancelled)

Except that's not possible because they're making a brand new game, not a enhanced edition of anything.
  13. Klarion

Beamdog working on a new D&D CRPG (cancelled)

A thought just crossed my mind - they are releasing NWN:EE soon which could mean that this new CRPG could easily be NWN3. It really might just be that. More probable than new Baldur's Gate or Planescape.
  14. Klarion

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Re-Announcement Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Do you guys know why Cyberpunk 2077 has exactly that year in it's title, and not idk, 2066? Do you wanna know?
  15. Klarion

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Now that we 100% know that Indiana is not standard fantasy, magic or historic setting I think the chances are highest that Project Indiana is in post-apoc setting. Post-apoc is pretty hot right now and Obsidian wants to compete with Bethesda on that terrain I have a feel. Other things that go in...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom