Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Kos_Koa

1. Kos_Koa

Game News Colony Ship RPG Update #13: Welcome To The Pit

Thanks for the compliment. Been meaning to respond but I've been busy lately, but I'm glad you like the portraits. :salute:
  2. Kos_Koa

Game News Colony Ship RPG Update #10: Companions Overview

Damn your memory. Well to VD's credit, he was eager to share the concept with you fine folks, but I was sidetracked with DR work which forced the update down the line. Now that AoD and DR is finally wrapped up, you'll be seeing much more meaty updates in the near future.
  3. Kos_Koa

CKII is released.

That's cool of you to offer that, but I'll get it myself. I'd only accept something like that if someone already had duplicate keys in their inventory and wanted to get rid of them, and even then I'd probably gift them something I had in return (which right now I only have a copy of EL:Guardians...
  4. Kos_Koa

CKII is released.

I tried including the Sept 2014 dlc bundle and removed the redundant dlc in my cart, and it increased the cost by $15 (which is pretty much the cost of the unit packs and other assorted dlc I already scrapped), so it doesn't really save me anything. I'll probably just settle for the content and...
  5. Kos_Koa

CKII is released.

I'll probably scrap the portrait and music dlcs, but I thought they might be worth it since I'd at least hear and see them, unlike the unit packs which I'd probably never even notice.
  6. Kos_Koa

CKII is released.

I thought I'd pick up some of the expansions that I've missed over the years now that there's a Steam sale on Paradox titles, but damn I didn't realize how much they would add up to. I bought everything in blue over 3 years ago for $10 on Amazon (which was a pretty good deal in retrospect), so I...
  7. Kos_Koa

CKII is released.

I have, but because of all the changes in each mod it's hard to figure out which is better without giving each mod a play-through. Why do you prefer HIP? Personally I'm leaning towards HIP because I really like the swmh map, but I read that HIP modders change things for the sake of changing...
  8. Kos_Koa

CKII is released.

Good to hear that they made a decent expansion. The last I played was during the release of The Republic, and I've been meaning to get back into CK2. How's the current state of mods? Any essential ones, or is vanilla good enough? Also what are the best total conversions (regardless of the...
  9. Kos_Koa

Editorial Colony Ship RPG Update #7: Iron Tower Studio Design Principles

I definitely don't want you to cater to Bioware design, but I do believe that "openness" can be taught (to a degree). The key elements that make AoD (and possibly CSG) stand out as something unique should definitely stay the same, but where these elements are placed and how they are presented is...
  10. Kos_Koa

The game's length has nothing to do with my suggestion. My point was about tailoring the experience of the game to the build of the player character. You are are treating the example as if it's blocking some important progression. The point of my example was that the player wouldn't even...
  11. Kos_Koa

I understand completely about needing to set up a difficulty threshold so that players aren't too careless with their stats and skill point distribution, but players having the need to play optimally (i.e. to save every poor sob in a dark alley) is very high, especially in the beginning of a...
  12. Kos_Koa

It's difficult for me to be an advocate for people who only put in an hour before dropping the game, since I'm the type of person that drops a game specifically if the challenge isn't high enough (last challenging game I completed was XCOM w/Long War mod ironman, OH GOD IT'S HEAVAN!), but I...
  13. Kos_Koa

Yep, exactly. It's difficult to warn players when every other game uses warnings as a mark to show how badass the player is. Arguing? But there hasn't been any agreement to travel by plane yet. Only with an aforementioned ticket can anyone truly claim that an argument took place.
  14. Kos_Koa

Which I agree with to an extent, but I believe there are ways to encourage a player who would normally be on the fence with your design philosophy (without having to personally guide them through the game). I remember reading an article years ago about how Valve would pore over maps and player...
  15. Kos_Koa

I think this is part of the situation. Like I mentioned in the previous post "There is only so much a designer can do for a player who solely wants to experience a power fantasy," but for people who are willing to play the coward and the hero, I think there are ways to mitigate the frustration...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom