Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Kron

1. Kron

Good Doom/Heretic/Hexen WADs

There's a prequel chapter that was released last year that is more horror and atmospheric focused (Countrycide, really recommend it), don't know if you played that already when you speak of the demos; and there's a new full release with multiple maps coming soon, including a re-do of that first...
  2. Kron

Good Doom/Heretic/Hexen WADs

Holy shit, I illustrated this cover art a while ago. Haven't been here in ages, but crazy seeing it loop back to the Codex. Here's a version I did with some title text: Btw I also highly recommend Trench Foot, a ww1/ww2/WH40k total conversion mod I'm also doing some artwork for (obligatory...
  3. Kron

Game News Cyberpunk 2077 Released

Here's my review: boring, bland game. Shallow, bad gameplay. Very ugly visuals and music.
  4. Kron

Game News Pillars of Eternity II turn-based mode confirmed, coming January 24th

Godammit Sawyer, you can't get me to like you just by having Repin paintings in the background...
  5. Kron

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

Such a complete train wreck that it makes you question the sanity and actual talent of the train constructors. Were the previously well made trains just a fluke? Maybe the manual laborers were responsible for them being good, maybe the times were different. Who knows...
  6. Kron

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant Pre-Release Thread

This game has honestly been my favorite "laugh at the cripple" title for a while. But the best laughs are yet to come.
  7. Kron

Company News RPGPOCALYPSE: Obsidian and inXile have been acquired by Microsoft

I honestly don't think this will change much. Both studios have been churning out derivative bland stuff for a while. Now it's just about seeing how long till they're killed off.
  8. Kron

Difference between JRPGs and CRPGs towns... Tolkien/Beowulf

I find the mere comparison of "Zelda: Breath of the Wild" to an artist such as Caspar Friedrich to be laughable. How does the bland, empty, cartoony nothingness of that game come close to provoking the dramatic awe of his paintings? As a sidenote, I honestly cannot understand the mental...
  9. Kron

Preview Pathfinder: Kingmaker Trailers, Previews and Interviews

Pathfinder is interesting as a ruleset, but the art featured in the book per se is pretty terrible. And for some reason all the videogames based on it insist on replicating those designs (all of Pathfinder's art is so unnecessarily tied closely to Wayne Reynold's character designs). This seems...
  10. Kron

Game News Microsoft E3 2018 Press Conference: Cyberpunk 2077 Re-Announced

Tbh I couldn't even recall the first trailer of Witcher 3, so I went and watched it again. The one thing that came to mind was the complaining at the time of the bad designs of the wild hunt, which carried directly into the final game. Trailers per se are generally pretty shit and misleading; in...
  11. Kron

Game News Microsoft E3 2018 Press Conference: Cyberpunk 2077 Re-Announced

This trailer was incredibly underwhelming to be quite honest. I went from being cautiously curious of where the devs would go with the game to pretty much completely uninterested. But apparently everyone is losing their mind about this game everywhere. I'm getting too old for this shit...
  12. Kron

Game News Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky's new game at Obsidian is being published by Take-Two Interactive

Obsidian and its devs are way past their expiration date guys, let it go... The child developer is grown old. The dream is gone.
  13. Kron

Really Obscure RPGs

I'm not sure Alien Shooter is full-on obscure. It's kind of fun though, if you're in the mood for some violent and very mindless "twin stick" shooter game featuring huge hordes of aliens; it's got a decent variety of guns and gun types (pistols, shotguns, smgs, rifles, miniguns, explosives...
  14. Kron

Really Obscure RPGs

Chicago 1930 is, sadly, shit. While Desperados and Robin Hood are ok Commandos clones, and boast some really nice isometric backgrounds, specially Robin Hood, Chicago 1930 was probably a game that was made on the devs' last legs. The setting seems interesting, but the background sceneries are...
  15. Kron

KickStarter INSOMNIA: The Ark - dieselpunk sci-fi action-RPG set on a decaying space station

What the fuck... The fact that this game had a stylish, setting-appropriate "physical" looking UI, with art deco reliefs and actual buttons, was one the things that stood out the most to me, seeing as most games nowadays go for that transparent boring shit. I'm guessing the retard logic behind...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom