Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by KyivAfter12am

1. KyivAfter12am

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

By this logic Fallout was never alive. Noone was afraid of nuclear war in 1997, I would argue people are more afraid of various global cataclysms now than in the 90's.
  2. KyivAfter12am

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

I assume it uses the same engine and mostly the same assets as the first game, in this case it's not very surprising that it's already playable in some form.
  3. KyivAfter12am

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

You don't expect every book to come from Martin, you shouldn't expect every forum to have the same tastes. Also, try reading some better books.
  4. KyivAfter12am

Game News Mechajammer Kickstarter Update #33: Three Hand Harry Commentary Video

I haven't paid attention to the game so far, but now I'll have to try the demo. The gameplay in the video looks great.
  5. KyivAfter12am

Game News Kalypso bring back the Disciples franchise with Disciples: Liberation, a dark fantasy strategy RPG

Yeah, god forbid a 16 year old will see a hint of a sideboob in one of the frames.
  6. KyivAfter12am

Game News Kalypso bring back the Disciples franchise with Disciples: Liberation, a dark fantasy strategy RPG

I'd say the 1 and 2 had an unusual art style. Perhaps over the top and edgy, but original. Music was good too. Some ideas from the gameplay I haven't seen other games copy since, like the whole terraforming thing with the battle of wands, or even the combat with fixed positions. I agree...
  7. KyivAfter12am

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

OK, I see that people having blond hair and blue eyes is for some reason important for you, but I don't quite understand what this has to do with languages being mutually intelligible.
  8. KyivAfter12am

So you're telling me that you can understand this, but Polish, Czech or Serbian is not intelligible for you?
  9. KyivAfter12am

If you speak Russian, please let me know what this dude says.
  10. KyivAfter12am

The illusion of choice, a monocled debate

The only implementation of false choice that really irritated me was the one in Fallout 4, with the 4 possible responses to every NPC request: Yes, Yes with extra words, Yes but sarcastic, No but Yes.
  11. KyivAfter12am

Elder Scrolls The Elder Scrolls VI - officially announced but you'll have to wait

They could just slap ray tracing on the Fallout 4 version of the engine and put some extra post-processing magic onto the "gameplay" trailers.
  12. KyivAfter12am

Elder Scrolls The Elder Scrolls VI - officially announced but you'll have to wait

I have some bad news for you. If we're talking about open world games you can either have a game that gives you tools but you're in charge of making it fun, or a game where you're railroaded from one awesome button to the next.
  13. KyivAfter12am

Yeah, cause that's what makes a game real fun, stability and good performance. Yes, because these things enable some gameplay that maybe designers didn't even expect, like the early bug in skyrim with a bucket on the NPC's head. Doesn't make the game good as such, but could make it more...
  14. KyivAfter12am

Gamebryo is the only thing that keeps those games interesting, it gives them some sort of roguelike charm when every object can be picked up and there's even some rudimentary physics engine. No other engine that I'm aware of can support so many interactable objects in the scene, and for sure...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom