Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by LarsWestergren

1. LarsWestergren

Development Info Pillars of Eternity II Q&A Streams #9 and #10

I transcribed half of #10, if anyone is interested.
  2. LarsWestergren

Interview Obsidian Media Blitz: Fallout: New Vegas and Alpha Protocol Retrospectives

Finally. Eurogamer: "Currently, however, Obsidian's hands are full, the 175-person studio occupied across four and a half projects: the Tyranny expansion, Pillars of Eternity 2, a small Pathfinder card game, a small idea the studio is "spinning up" and a considerable something else. And I'll...
  3. LarsWestergren

Game News Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #7: Multiclassing Details with Josh Sawyer!

If you mean on his monitors they are "Mariana" and "Ophelia Drowning" by Sir John Everett Millais.
  4. LarsWestergren

Game News Wasteland 3 Fig Update #3: Base Funding Goal Reached, First Stretch Goals

I want a quest where you can replace Morningstar's personality with that of the car in Stick Shift.
  5. LarsWestergren

People News SHOCKER: Chris Avellone leaves Obsidian Entertainment

If this had happened 5-10 years ago, I might have gotten depressed from this news. As it is now - if he leaves the industry to brew beer and party, good on him. I like what I know of Sawyer, Cain et al and have enjoyed all of Obsidian's titles to various degrees, even Dungeon Siege 3. I think...
  6. LarsWestergren

Game News Seven Dragon Saga Kickstarter Update #5: David Shelley on Character Creation

As I said in an other thread, it's definitely an uphill struggle, but I wouldn't say they are doomed yet. Experience says that a big Kickstarter needs around 30% the first couple of days to succeed (the U shape). But lately there have been a couple with weak launches, but which still managed to...
  7. LarsWestergren

Which Recent RPGs Did You Buy?

Kickstarted: Dead State, Wasteland, Pillars of E, Shadowrun, Wasteland, Banner Saga, Divinity Bought: Diablo 3, Dark Souls 2, MMX, DAI, Legend of Grimrock 2, South Park, Valkyria Chronicles Haven't started Dark Souls 2 or Dead State yet. Diablo 3 is the only one I really disliked, bought it to...
  8. LarsWestergren

Vapourware Seven Dragon Saga - Gold Box spiritual successor from SSI veterans

They are fighting an uphill battle, that's true. The rule of thumb has been that bigger Kickstarters have a 30/30/30 distribution, with 30% on the first ~2 and last ~3 days, with an almost flat line in between. But there have been several notable exceptions lately, where mentions from geek...
  9. LarsWestergren

Game News Wasteland 2 Game of the Year Edition announced...for Xbox One?!

All right, so not even a timed exclusive. Late summer, nice. " And if you are on PC, fear not" Fargo said, according to Destructoid.
  10. LarsWestergren

A year ago I would have said no, but indies deserted Microsoft in drowes due to all the exclusivity restrictions, so they seem a lot more humble now. Doubtful this is an important enough title to pay for anything more than a timed exclusive, but only MS and inXile knows what the contract says...
  11. LarsWestergren

That's right. I just don't post very often.
  12. LarsWestergren

Pfft. You gators are hilarious. Anita is in the process of making the series she promised, plus she has managed to hold presentations etc, despite constant death threats and other harassment. In the meantime, what happened to the "Sarkeesian Effect" that two prominent Gamer Gaters have been...
  13. LarsWestergren

Preview Pillars of Eternity Presentation at PAX South 2015

Wasn't that what the question was about, and they said they would look into it together with others after the game was launched?
  14. LarsWestergren

Preview Pillars of Eternity Presentation at PAX South 2015

Their "ph"s hurt my ears. Microphone too close?
  15. LarsWestergren

Game News Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter Update #79: Dragonfall Director's Cut Dev Diary #3: Combat Mechanics

No other campaign planned at the moment, as far as I know. It looked like it, as they were hiring (programmer? writer?) with Shadowrun lore knowledge but they explicitly said no. If they do really well in sales, who knows. They might re-evaluate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom