Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Lios

1. Lios

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Barbarian start is awesome, I feel like I'm playing an exclusive Battle Brothers scenario, what's with half the map hating you so you have to flee, the priest that you take captive and start with etc, it's like it tells a story on its own. It's also the first scenario that forced me to become a...
  2. Lios

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

I've overdosed on this game so much that I'll probably never replay it regularly again, unless a new really juicy DLC appears (and even then). I would love it if their new sci-fi tactics game is actually a prank, "haha motherfuckers you fell for it- BOOM! Battle Bros 2!". But since it isn't, may...
  3. Lios

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Mainly because she made me get turned off by southern accents, I believe.
  4. Lios

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Problem with POE 2 deeply flawed writing is that it's "F.R.I.E.N.D.S the RPG". Sitcom and adolescent mentality in the words used, the ways people talk, the personal relationships etc. Which is a shame. As for companions, apart from Xoti, no one seemed offensively bad to me. Mostly mediocre. It's...
  5. Lios

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

I respect trying new stuff in an old formula, so while I'm not the biggest fan of Kingdom Management, I consider the game one of the best crpgs of the last 10 years easily. KM has depth and is actually well implemented, for the kind of tool that it is, mechanically. The thing is, I wanted an...
  6. Lios

Bastard Bonds - fabulous fast-paced tactical RPG with high-end pixel art

Underrated game. Combat could be a lot more tactical, true, but it's not simplistic, just a simple combat system that, if the game had a non-retard AI, would be a good challenge to learn to master. Now you just hide behind corners and lure enemies to get gangbanged by your team. The game has...
  7. Lios

KickStarter Mandragora - story-driven side-scroller action RPG with Brian Mitsoda as narrative lead

I'm pretty sure that Christos Antoniou, the composer, is the guy from Septic Flesh. If so, I imagine that the soundtrack will be at least good enough, what with the whole (by the numbers and no longer vicious) operatic death metal the guys are churning out the last decade.
  8. Lios

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Becket = best hype-man of all Underrail. "Boring", I suppose it depends on taste yeah, superfluous though? No way, as long as Protectorate exists, the Free Drones must also exist for the (pseudo? )equilibrium.
  9. Lios

That guy with the camera problems, screw that guy.
  10. Lios

Yeah and various juntas across the world built roads, wow awesome. Anyway, I love the fact that in Underrail there isn't an immaculate faction/organization, as far as I'm aware.
  11. Lios

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Battle Brothers

To be fair, Roxor's review (unless I'm mistaken) came before most of the DLCs, which means less weapons, less builds, less enemies, no origins etc etc. But to also be fair, even base or semi-base Battle Bros can potentially offer close to 100 hours of fun.
  12. Lios

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Nexusmods has this token pack: https://www.nexusmods.com/knightsofthechalice2/mods/4 which in turn has various token art files from various games/oil paintings etc. One of those files ("G" I believe) has a lot of magic the gathering art, if I'm not mistaken. Great art, the only "problem" is...
  13. Lios

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Bishops Domain: POWER METAL So far my party wrecks shit. Just found the sharkman's secret stash in Chapter 3. Had to use earthquake acorns and Spider Bro to get over that Pizarra fight fast. Chapter 3 has some amazing fights but I can feel the fatigue from the "GOTCHA!" moments slowly building.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom