Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Livonya

1. KickStarter Darkest Dungeon Pre-Release Thread

Yeah, I get that. But putting money into games that aren't done is risky. Perhaps it was a mistake on my part. But I didn't realize it would be open EA rather than closed EA for backers only. I just want a way to upgrade that doesn't force me to buy it a second time... or remove it from...
  2. KickStarter Darkest Dungeon Pre-Release Thread

I just hope there is an option to upgrade from Nomad to EA. It just seems odd to me that someone that just comes along now should get to play it before someone that took a risk on their Kickstarter.
  3. KickStarter Darkest Dungeon Pre-Release Thread

I am annoyed by the fact that they are going to start selling Early Access, but those of us that did the kickstarter at the Nomad level don't seem to get Early Access. I asked if there was a way to upgrade and they just ignored my question. I will be extra annoyed if people can buy early...
  4. The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Based on Dark Underlord's review I decided to purchase Prison Architect.. Found the link at: http://www.tacticularcancer.com/content.php?id=4163 to be quite good... and it convinced me this was a worth while purchase.
  5. KickStarter Darkest Dungeon Pre-Release Thread

I am glad I backed this. I have been fairly happy with the games I have backed on Kickstarter. FTL was the first one, and that was totally worth the $10. I just finally recently installed The Banner Saga, which I also backed on Kickstarter, and I found it really enjoyable... I haven't quite...
  6. Game News Kickstarter for Darkest Dungeon Goes Live

I agree that Homeworld was better than Homeworld 2 in many ways, but never-the-less Homeworld 2 was a great game. I enjoyed it quite a lot and have always wondered why there haven't been more games that were directly influenced by these games. I have fond memories of playing both of those...
  7. Game News Kickstarter for Darkest Dungeon Goes Live

I just noticed that one of the programmers worked on Homeworld 2. That is pretty cool as that was a pretty awesome game.
  8. Game News Kickstarter for Darkest Dungeon Goes Live

I had to join this kickstarter. The atmosphere and concept is just too intriguing to avoid.
  9. Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #26: Turn-Based Combat Wins

Yeah, I should remove that... but it still stings so haven't gotten around to it.
  10. Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #26: Turn-Based Combat Wins

All of which would have been better games if they had been turn based. Even the best RTwP game ever released could be improved by switching to Turn Based. I would venture that Planescape Torment was the best RTwP game ever released, so Torment has now has the potential to be better than...
  11. Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #25: Combat System Vote!

This makes me laugh because I instantly get flashbacks of yelling at the screen as my PCs try to take a scenic tour to the destination I have sent them. A serious issue that can't be underestimated. That has happened to everyone that has ever played one of these RTwP games. I wish I wasn't so...
  12. Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #25: Combat System Vote!

The immersion thing amazes me... it is an odd argument. Especially because RTwP does involve a LOT of pause. That also breaks the immersion. But I do kind of understand the desire to watch a video of the action. What I have always wished for is a video replay of the action. In the modern...
  13. Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

This voting thing is depressing, but honestly I was afraid that by this time RTwP would have double the votes of Turn Based. I just hope Turn Based doesn't lose by more than a small percentage. If it turns out that twice as many people vote for RTwP then that is a huge problem. If they are...
  14. Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

I always assumed they would go with BG/BG2 and PST system. I could be wrong, but that is what I always thought.
  15. Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

They should have had this vote before the funding was completed. I almost didn't fund this because it was advertised as RTwP. I wonder how many people didn't back it because they prefer turn based. Essentially they weeded out some of the pro turn based people already. The vote is stacked in...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom