Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Lyesmith

1. field of glory EMPIRES

It's faction trait. Regions of Media, Babylon, Lydia and Elam(if I remember correctly) can randomly switch to Persia. It's called Achaemenid Legacy, or something like that.
  2. The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Good timing to get street creds for shitting on Blizzard. Anyway, I always suspected as much. If that's true, maybe it will shut up once and for all some blizztards in here, that not only argued Battle Realms ripped of Warcraft 3, but also War3 was the first RTS with heroes.
  3. New potato strategy 'Polanie' (Polans), the RTS to end all RTSes

It's designed for android first.
  4. Single Player Strategy

Underplayed? Battle Realms - criminally overshadowed by Warcraft 3.
  5. Forgotten Strategy Games

Not only best looking. Yea, whenever I hear about forgotten, neglected titles, the game that pop up in my mind first is Battle Realms. Well, hype always wins over actual value.
  6. Quantic Dream's "Beyond"

Funnily enough, contemporary movies are full of CGI (hinged on spectacle and not recognizing its long dead, video games one of reasons why), many mimic games, big studios trying to get back rapidly melting audiences.
  7. Rome Total War II

He did Shogun 2, seems he's doing Rome 2 as well.
  8. MORE - oldschool turn-based 4X space strategy game.

Exactly. Read someone naming it successor to Alpha Centauri. Seems civ-like 4x on alien planet is enough comparison for some.
  9. MORE - oldschool turn-based 4X space strategy game.

Funnily enough, with this surge of 4x lately, I've got curious and started checkin' for more of them. Found this.
  10. "Exclusive first look at the future of Total War" - July 6/7th

Future Total War? Mars: Total War?
  11. The best base building RTS's

Ah, another of these threads. I'm then bound to repeat myself with Battle Realms. Base building is nowhere near spectacular, as in many games already mentioned, but game with its unique way of training units alone is worth playing. Graphics are ugly, as you can expect from early 3d, still all...
  12. Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Beta

It's tweaked Fantasy Wars engine, it seems, as Ino-co is developer. Still, it irresistibly resembles Civ V.
  13. New Civ V Expansion Announced: Call Everyone Else Heretics and Fill Their Cities With Spies

When I first heard about this whole crowd-funding outburst, I've got hopeless thought of Brian Reynolds also jumping on bandwagon. This way brand recognition wouldn't be such a problem. Any 4x from him would be much expected.
  14. New Civ V Expansion Announced: Call Everyone Else Heretics and Fill Their Cities With Spies

It's one of my favorite strategy games. But pretty much what attackfighter said. Plus, I don't get all this rage for sequels. If someone want to make 4x in vein of SMAC, new IP should be perfectly manageable. And by "someone" I of course mean Brian Reynolds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom