Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Malachi

1. Malachi

Vapourware KOTOR 2 Restoration Project (not the Restored Content Mod)

Despite lurking on the TSLRP forums back in the day when people thought they might someday deliver (giggle), I totally missed this epic thread. In before retardo. :martini:
  2. Malachi

Still playing "Path of Exile."

Still playing "Path of Exile."
  3. Malachi

Playing Path of Exile or Van Helsing, most likely.

Playing Path of Exile or Van Helsing, most likely.
  4. Malachi

Playing "Drox Operative."

Playing "Drox Operative."
  5. Malachi

Legend of Grimrock

Kosmo, I apologize, I certainly did not intend to spur an argument with the term "old school." The whole reason I termed it as such was that the party-based, tile movement reminded me of old "Might and Magic" games I played in the late 80s. That, plus the "descent into a dungeon" basic...
  6. Malachi

Playing a popamole rpg, most likely.

Playing a popamole rpg, most likely.
  7. Malachi

Legend of Grimrock

Hey all, "Legend of Grimrock" on sale on Steam, only for the next 21 hours, for a little over 5 bucks. For an old school flavored CRPG experience, that's one hell of a bargain. Hope this helps those of you who may have been waiting for a sale.
  8. Malachi

Game News The Beauty of Black and Gold

This provides a beautiful answer to an unasked question: "Why do video games cost tens of millions of dollars more to produce than they used to, yet somehow have inferior gameplay?" The answer seems to be that money is spent on personnel who come up with color schemes. Obv. very important...
  9. Malachi

We must reward racofer somehow...

Too much bloom! My eyes!
  10. Malachi

I agree! Custom tag should be something like "Spinner of Tales" then. Avatar should be an epic bumface, though I haven't the slightest idea what such a thing would look like.
  11. Malachi

Congrats racofer! You've earned the distinction, though I am somewhat disappointed that your tag has no reference to the "happy event" of the birth of your stone-babies. ... though this is something you probably would just as soon forget, I imagine. Anyway, grats! :love:
  12. Malachi

The new logo.

Glad you are feeling better!
  13. Malachi

Bioshock Infinite - the $200 million 6 hour literally on rails interactive movie with guns thread

I liked the story in the original Bioshock, though the game play was terrible. The one aspect I liked was the combination of genetic superpowers, weapons, and weapon customization, though again the execution was sub par and did not make up for other design decisions. Vitachambers were so...
  14. Malachi

Good Old Games is dead

Yes. What's interesting about the update is that the "DRM-free" promise refers to people who have "bought" (past tense) games from them in the past. No explicit promise that future purchases will be likewise without DRM.
  15. Malachi

Good Old Games is dead

Update posted on the GOG website: UPDATE 20.09.2010 First of all, we apologize everyone for the whole situation and closing GOG.com. We do understand the timing for taking down the site caused confusion and many users didn't manage to download all their games. Unfortunately we had to close...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom