Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Master

1. Master

Control - supernatural third person action-adventure from Remedy

Alan Wake seems ten times better than this shit. And AW was pretty shitty.
  2. Master

Vapourware RPGs that can legitimately be called masterpieces

Thats my favorite game. Dont know why i forgot about it. So, Gothic, Fallout, SS2 and SR are basically the best RPGs and true "masturpieces".
  3. Master

You can't be serious with that, and must be trolling. But if true i doubt you even played Gothic. Its not a game where you can stick a tumb up your ass and happily stroll around. And for a self proclaimed "combat connoisseur" you should be singing it praises for its combat system? So, you must...
  4. Master

Diablo is good sure and doesn't have any major flaws, but it doesn't shoot very high either. Game is as barebones as fuck. Tristram consists of four huts and a church. With maybe five-six npcs who all stand in the same spot all day and night. Actually just night, because this game had no budget...
  5. Master

Reactivity in the sense of how the world (NPCs) reacts to your actions. And there is some serious C&C in your build and faction choices which exclude eachother.
  6. Master

Gothic 1/2 are shallow popamole. What? Reactivity, questing, exploration and progression(critical path?) are literally what Gothic is famous for being head and shoulders above the rest. So i dont know what a fuck are you talking about. You sound like some kid who just recently discovered JA2 and...
  7. Master

Well, sure DX is easy and AI kinda stupid but it fits well with JC being an enhanced superagent with "nerves of steel" personality.
  8. Master

Kotor 2 does inspire a kind of "awe", more than Kotor 1, which was complete. Doesn't really matter if not everything is tied up perfectly. I would say SS2, Gothic 1 and FO1 are top 3 Rpgs
  9. Master

Doom 3 vs Return to Castle Wolfenstein

D3 at least looks good to this day. Some of the audio is quite good too. Funnily i never finished RtCW even though its short, but have finished D3 several times, even though it is kind of a boring slog. Just because of the environment.
  10. Master

Well, that mod adds sweet, sweet soft shadows. Maybe there is one for the original too? Idk but i prefer hard shadows anyway. A good mod for original D3 is Absolute HD https://www.moddb.com/mods/absolutehd Just turn off all of the gfx "enhancements" like motion blur, ssao and such. But leave...
  11. Master

There is a mod that restores the lamp and other things. https://www.moddb.com/mods/classic-rbdoom-3-bfg-edition The worst part of BFG edition was the lack of EAX effects; echoes everywhere, depending on how large the room is. The mod supposedly restores that too, but it isnt the same somehow.
  12. Master

Thief: The Dark Project vs. Gold

"I tell you dear, i i finished that dungeon in 2 hours! Where the common man would need weeks! Ha! Haha!"
  13. Master

Favourite game places to visit

^ That part in Dead Space, before they land on Ishimura, even though you can't hang around there. I wish there was a whole game like that, happening before shit hits the fan.
  14. Master

Thief: The Dark Project vs. Gold

I understand why Thieves Guild isn't liked, but its frustrating moments kind of fit the underground, not easy to navigate hideout setting. And, more and more i appreciate when a game just bitch slaps you for a bit instead of blowing your dick at every step.
  15. Master

Are Thief 3's Shalebridge Cradle and VTMB's Ocean House levels overrated?

The Cradle was good, and the hotel was at least short so no great harm done. But i'd still rather play Thieves Guild than either of those.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom