Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by MasterLobar

1. MasterLobar

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

Could use the parchment map for baking christmas cookies.
  2. MasterLobar

Vapourware System Shock 3 by OtherSide Entertainment - taken over by Tencent!

After what OS did to 505 and Starbreeze, I doubt Tencent are going to work with anyone from Otherside. Based on what we know and the trailers we've seen, SS3 was far behind schedule and (likely) way exceeding budget under Spector. The wistleblower confirmed that, too. Warren blew it. No way is...
  3. MasterLobar

Guys, of course OS as a company and everyone including Warren Spector will not be involved in this project anymore. Tencent is doing their own thing now. The OS people have produced nothing but failures since they founded the company. No way is Tencent going to let them meddle in their...
  4. MasterLobar

I suspect they sold the SS3 publishing rights to Tencent, but take no part in the development. Tencent are finishing it themseles or hire a different studio. They now try to use the proceeds to make a Thief successor using UA as a basis. That probably always was their plan. That's why they...
  5. MasterLobar

With respect, Less, this makes no sense. I don't think they "worked on the Boston project" for 2 years. Maybe "thought about it" and copyrighted "Thick as Thieves" whatever that's supposed to mean. Had they really worked on it for 2 years, that would mean they started working on it months...
  6. MasterLobar

He seems to confirm that the company mothballed SS3 (not mentioned at all) and that they are now instead working on a "new project." They worked on SS3 for over 3 years, got $6.8 million from Starbreeze for development, said it's "more than halfway completed" in February 2019, showed several...
  7. MasterLobar

What happened to "If we're not finding a publisher, we are going to self-publish"?
  8. MasterLobar

Is that guy ever going to find a new job?
  9. MasterLobar

Now that they are firing those who were working on the "unannounced project," Otherside is officially on death watch.
  10. MasterLobar

Just so I get this right: Otherside are abandoning a game... *which is their only game in the pipeline *they have been working on for years *a publisher has invested $6.8 million in *they advertised at multiple gaming conventions and conferences *they said was 'more than halfway completed' a...
  11. MasterLobar

I'm not a lawyer so I am not certain, but I think the scenario you are describing is only valid if the firm is supposed to continue operations on a going concern basis (at least for some time). Then you file for chapter 7 protection. Chapter 7 (temporarily) protects the substance of the firm...
  12. MasterLobar

If they close down and they have more liabilities than assets (Starbreeze's payment is a liability, rights to UA is a - worthless - asset), the creditors take control of the company and get all the assets. Assuming Starbreeze is the only relevant creditor (they are certainly the biggest one by...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom