Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Metatron

1. Metatron

Gothic What is the most overrated cRPG on the codex?

Arcanum obviously. Basically the most broken combat engine of all time, combined with but ugly art direction and a serviceable but not particularly memorable plot. But... but... what about the worldbuilding? Sure, it's nice up until Tarant but like everything Troika it's hopelessly unfinished...
  2. Metatron

The Codex’s Best Computer RPGs (pre-Diablo)

5 Betrayal at Krondor 3 Dark Sun: Shattered Lands 2 Might & Magic V: Darkside of Xeen
  3. Metatron

What are your Top 10 RPGs?

I started playing RPGs mid-90s, Might and Magic VI was the first rpg worth its weight I completed at a friends computer, Betrayal at Krondor was the first rpg I finished on my own crappy PC (I also was super into reading Feist back then so I was hyped anyway) so there's probably some nostalgia...
  4. Metatron

What are your Top 10 RPGs?

1. Planescape: Torment (ultimate storydriven game, obviously there are rpgs with better combat but unlike some others like Arcanum it's serviceable enough). 2. Baldurs Gate 2 (probably still the most complete all round rpg experience, unlike most games in the genre it doesn't drop the ball on...
  5. Metatron

Worst RPGs All Time?

I actually did 3 posts above you.
  6. Metatron

Worst RPGs All Time?

Might & Magic IX Ultima IX Lionheart That pool of radiance remake that formatted your hard disc if you tried to remove it from your PC
  7. Metatron

Community Statement from RPG Codex about Chris Avellone

Not a great idea to post this as news, will make it even easier for resetera types to paint the codex as an extremist fringe board and thus easy to ignore. It's a tragedy how there seems to be no place where the allegations against Chris (that have been bottom of the barrel stuff at best imo)...
  8. Metatron

Incline Witcher game series is one of the hallmarks of gaming

It's just... dice poker. They didn't invent it.
  9. Metatron

Crispy™ Controversial opinions about RPGs that you know deep down are true.

The whole world feeling alive and vibrant and believable to be a part of thing. It's not just the dungeons being generally uninspiring, the dirty secret that gets Codexians in denial because muh Tarrant is that most late game urban locations are generally equally uninspired as well (and like...
  10. Metatron

Crispy™ Controversial opinions about RPGs that you know deep down are true.

Arcanum is a very mediocre game. Not only is it complete shit in many crucial areas including combat it also falls apart at the things it's supposed to be the best thing ever at according to Codex hivemind after Tarant which isn't even halfway in the game. When Codexers discuss this game it's...
  11. Metatron

Incline RPG Codex's Best RPGs - 2019 - VOTE ONLY THREAD

5 points Planescape: Torment Dark Souls Baldurs Gate 2 4 points Betrayal at Krondor 3 points Might and Magic VI: Mandate of Heaven 2 points Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor 1 point The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  12. Metatron

Which game world felt most "alive" ?

If you never leave Tarant that is.
  13. Metatron

ELEX's treatment by the mainstream gaming media

Not saying the bashing for ELEX is warranted but mainstream media did champion Divinity: OS2, a lengthy TB rpg with a lot of text. It's probably in the top 5 of best reviewed games this year, the aforementioned Gamespot and IGN gave it a 10/10 and 9.6/10. - higher scores than they gave to...
  14. Metatron

Super Serious Scientific Analysis and Critique of BG2:SoA

You somehow managed to make a post in this topic that is worse than all of Lilura s posts combined. Congratulations.
  15. Metatron

Super Serious Scientific Analysis and Critique of BG2:SoA

BG2 has way superior backdroppings thus it's obviously the game that has aged the best graphic-wise and is the most pleasing to look at in 2017. The number of character animations is of limited importance in a 2D isometric game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom