Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Miew

1. Editorial Skyrim: The RPG for the Rest of Us

Almost reads like it's meant to be ironic. :? (or criticism or whatever)
  2. Game News Diablo III's Five Character Classes

In a way, Warcraft 2 was Blizzards prettiest game. Maybe even Lost Vikings, if you consider that to be a Blizzard game. Imagine D3 with hand drawn sprites in a D1 or D2 kinda realistic way, instead of the cartooniness that is WoW. I guess cartooniness was necessary for WC2 because of the low...
  3. Interview Skyrim: Making Fantasy a Reality

That thing about dropping a sword or other valuable item and what NPCs might do with it seems to be the only thing they can ever come up with as an example for their AI. :(
  4. Game News 10 Essential Dragon Age II Mods

How about a mod that lets you zoom out further / detaches the camera from the selected character?
  5. Review Dragon Age II Reviews @ RPS

Merrill is horrible. Here's a quote: "Some adventurer I am - just set out and already daunted!" That's so cheap. They don't even try to convey her personality through her actions or opinions, she just flat out states what type of character she is. I usually don't mind bad writing in games all...
  6. A Universal Definition of RPGs

Look for example at Symphony of the Night: Essentially it's a platform game, but since you character has a level, stats and an inventory, it's already called an action RPG sometimes. Though the gameplay itself is really not much different from a game like Megaman, it's at least about as much of...
  7. Interview Dragon Age II's Old School Influences

Whad did they think made Baldur's Gate work? They probably think it's the NPC companions, because that's what the game is praised for again and again. But while these characters might add a nice little touch to the game, what really makes the BG games stand out to me is how their worlds are...
  8. Can We Get Another Turn-Based CRPG Already?

Seems to me like people here are having their wires crossed. "Mature" is such a broad term. Some seem to think immature or childish imagery is something aimed at children, or something that looks like it could be drawn by children. Hence they think that detailed renderings and lighting and such...
  9. Can We Get Another Turn-Based CRPG Already?

All I can say is that it's definitely possible. Sorry, don't know much about the software myself. =) If you want to try one of the games, I think the third is the best one. Not only are the classes balanced a little bit better, but later in the game you get the option to assign anyone a...
  10. Can We Get Another Turn-Based CRPG Already?

You don't need to grind that much in Etrian Odyssey. Perhaps a level or two, once in a while. Of course if you do grind like hell, then it's obvious the game willl be easy. Beating the same bosses with a lower level is more challenging and fun. Actually, Etrian Odyssey has been the most fun...
  11. Interview The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dragon Shouts Explained

They might as well have called it Dragon Spells. That's what it seems to be. Wether this is actually interesting in the game or not depends on wether they manage to balance the difficulty right. If it's like in Oblivion or Fallout3, where you are all powerful from basically the start of the...
  12. Game News Skyrim: Of Havok Behaviour And Radiant Story

Some of the videos where they were showcasing the Radiant AI had some interesting things going on. But somewhere I read they had to tone it down for the actual game because unexpected things would happen, like a rich person going around and buying all the armors in a town, so there'd be none...
  13. Game News Fallout 3: Tales of Moria

New Vegas is already out in Japan. That "game" is really just an info page that's made to look like an 8-bit game. Each location you can select displays one aspect of the gameplay, like for example in the lower right corner there's a guy begging for water, and you can select things like running...
  14. What did you hate about Dragon Age: Origins?

Not going to repeat the same things everyone else said. But there's one more thing that bothered me: I hate how you can't drop items into the game world. I can see why they did that in multiplayer games like WoW, where it'd put a heavy load on the servers if everyone suddenly started throwing...
  15. Development Info Newcomer - Serious Incline for the C64

Certainly interesting. Watching the intro, I like the SID music of course, as it brings back a little bit of "that feeling". I like some parts of the intro as well, like the lightning animations, and the part where the guy is teleported into the labyrinth or whatever it is. On the other...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom