Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by mindfields

1. Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

God I hope they don't go for original IP. Pathfinder was a great CRPG but it was literally standing on the shoulders of giants, I don't think they have the creative talent for an original IP, it will just end up like another weird Russian game.
  2. Interview The Outer Worlds is a commercial success, patches and sequel on the way

I can't even fathom how apparently "hardcore" RPG fans could tolerate an RPG where you CANNOT EVEN CREATE YOUR OWN CHARACTER. Even worse you play as some perfectly handsome fighter, I swear Witcher is fantasy Call of Duty.
  3. Your disrespectful attitude towards Cain, Boyarsky, Avellone has to stop

Fallout wasn't even that good. You had no party and only a limited selection of guns.
  4. Development Info Gamedec Dev Diary: Introducing Low City

High fantasy is immortal though, it's the culmination of ideas from thousands of years of human history.
  5. Development Info Gamedec Dev Diary: Introducing Low City

Damn I think I'm already sick of cyberpunk and Cyberpunk 2077 isn't even out yet.
  6. Interview Matt Chat 433: George Ziets on Mask of the Betrayer

MotB isn't even that good, is making an expansion to a medicore game enough to give you "legend" status on the codex now?
  7. Decline RPGs You Thought Were Good, But You Kinda Hate 'em

Bloodlines is about 40% trash, about the time you start the Hollywood sewers until the end.
  8. Interview The Outer Worlds is a commercial success, patches and sequel on the way

You cannot honestly think that a party-based RPG with 14 classes, 7 attributes, hundreds of spells, abilities and feats along with multi-classing (heaps of possible builds), which requires you to micromanage up to 5/6 characters can be considered "mainstream", I don't think you even understand...
  9. Interview The Outer Worlds is a commercial success, patches and sequel on the way

Except WL2 and PoE 1/2 were great CRPGs, not perfect but very fun.
  10. Game News Check out the first trailer for Betrayal at Krondor homage Call of Saregnar

I have to admit, those photo sprites gave me the nostalgia feels. Shame it'll probably have a preset party like BaK though.
  11. People News Josh Sawyer says he failed with Pillars II, would direct a third game if he can figure out why

Dude, the Kickstarter made it pretty clear they were going for a medieval high fantasy setting, instead we got....... renaissance scientific high fantasy with guns and cannons? They tried way too hard to be "original" and their new lore sucked, PoE would of been better if they were just...
  12. Interview The Outer Worlds is a commercial success, patches and sequel on the way

It's kinda sad seeing the decline. I remember lurking the dex during the WL2 and PoE Kickstarters and I couldn't help myself be caught up with the positivism and hope for the future of CPRGs, it seemed that the genre had a silent, sleeping fanbase that had reawakened and we were assured of...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom