Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by MisterStone

1. MisterStone

Let's Play: Heroes of Jin Yong! (Update VI: 5/12)

Sorry I both lost interest but mainly had all free time consumed by adulthood/life... I dont even have time to enjoy the recent wave of incline games brought to us by crowdfunding much less this mess of a game. My shame is too much to bear... :negative: Don't worry, I more or less exiled...
  2. MisterStone

KickStarter Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones - a Lovecraftian Computer RPG

Look, nevermind if Lovecraft's prose sucks or does not. The writer shouldn't give themselves an excuse to suck... writing well is hard enough anyway.
  3. MisterStone

KickStarter Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones - a Lovecraftian Computer RPG

Actually the whole sentence should be rewritten and about half as long... the punctuation is an easy fix, the wordy amateur fanfic prose needs some serious tuning. The Old Eel House text is spot on, were these written by the same peeps?
  4. MisterStone

Does Graphical roguelikes have future?

This is not actually a problem because whiny wus-babies are not the target audience of old school RLs. :troll:
  5. MisterStone

Game News Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter Update #28: Monster Art and Information

Fuck yeahr, magic mouths ftw... (Not the BT1 Apple II version I remember, *sob*)
  6. MisterStone

Naw, I was just joking around. I am not active on site now, and don't even have time to play...

Naw, I was just joking around. I am not active on site now, and don't even have time to play the incline CRPGs, so just keep the cash and finish that book! It would be nice if my creatorship could be remembered somehow, though. ;)
  7. MisterStone

sorry, here...

sorry, here http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/this-is-old-and-tired-we-want-a-new-one.41392/page-12#post-1061678
  8. MisterStone

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/this-is-old-and-tired-we-want-a-new-one.41392/pa...

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/this-is-old-and-tired-we-want-a-new-one.41392/page-12 The Ultima Banner was born in this thread page 10. Unfortunately it was hosted on some shitty fly-by-night image hosting site and the image link no longer works. But notice, the URL has a...
  9. MisterStone

60 bux for chopping my artwork in half and uploading it to a twitter profile? Teh fugh?

60 bux for chopping my artwork in half and uploading it to a twitter profile? Teh fugh?
  10. MisterStone

Competition Winners of the Codex Corporate Design Competition

Just who is this noob Felipepepe anyway? Did he join after the FO3 or Skyrim release? Answers dammit!
  11. MisterStone

Competition Winners of the Codex Corporate Design Competition

But... that's my Ultima Banner! You guys just hacked off the right side that symbolizes the forces of decline and popamole, which is a good choice.... but, dammit... :negative:
  12. MisterStone

Editorial The Digital Antiquarian on Ultima V

Duh, it's not great if you compare it to Jagged Alliance or X Com. But it was better than almost everything else at the time except maybe Pool of Radiance, which btw was really a squad tactics game much more than an RPG. You dont really get deep freeform RPG games with strong turn-based combat...
  13. MisterStone

Hrmm, yes. Note the greasy thumb stains at the top on disks 1 through 3, much less pronunced on the underworld disk... this specimen is authentic!
  14. MisterStone

This is one thing people need to know about UV: the combat is really good. As in, about on par with contemporary (well, a couple years before?) SSI Gold Box games in terms of mechanics, but without AD&D character class features etc. People assume its the same rudimentary dagger > shortsword...
  15. MisterStone

Still got mah Ultima V box in a basement somewhere... Apple II version, manual, LB's diary, brochures... map... :troll: tricket? Eh, not sure... :x

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom