Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Monolith

1. Monolith

Fallen Gods - upcoming Norse saga-inspired roguelite from Wormwood Studios

Thanks. Sounds a little like Roadwarden, with actual combat and more replayability. Still day 1 purchase right there.
  2. Monolith

Damn good stuff. Only the total worldmap seems small, with it being an Island. Is that screenshot representative of the final scale? Also no idea how dense the map is content wise, so may be just right.
  3. Monolith

The List of Incline - 2024 Edition

That is a great list. Wasn't aware of many of those. Wishlisted quite number of them.
  4. Monolith

Rumor: ELEX 3 cancelled, Piranha Bytes to be shut down by THQ Nordic

In principle, you've described Gothic 1+2 along with all other PB games. You're ignoring the great character progression and feel of advancing to a higher level, where tough is tough for a much longer time than in most other RPGs. World building is strong in all of them, along with exploration...
  5. Monolith

Monolith - point & click adventure about space explorer marooned on a barren planet

Well, I guess I have to give this one a try, don't I?
  6. Monolith

right back at you

right back at you
  7. Monolith

Beat Saber

it's a great way to warm up right before firing up Thrill of the Fight. I like the campaign, up until the target was to... miss and be slow and whatnot. Now I'm just going through some of my favorites.
  8. Monolith

The Horror Adventure Thread

You could add The Song Out of Space. Very short little lovecraftian point&click, offering multiple playthroughs and a good atmosphere.
  9. Monolith

RoadWarden - RPG/Visual Novel/text adventure hybrid

I enjoyed this one quite a bit, bought and finished it recently. It tends to be overly verbose and overwritte, but those parts can be skimmed through. It does get better the deeper you get into the world and plot, offering quite a bit of choices and consequences as well as well written...
  10. Monolith

Game News Colony Ship Released

Great news! Waiting for the promo to end so I can buy it full price - and probably a couple of more months of bugfixing. Coming off a Stasis playthrough helps. Enough of lost ships in space kind of settings for now.
  11. Monolith

This game looks like it may be worth ditching that fulltime job. Perhaps also the family. Only asking you to think about it.
  12. Monolith

Teudogar and the Alliance with Rome is awesome!

Guys, with utmost respect towards your conversation about obscure RPGs (we can never have enough of those), this is an appreciation thread for Teudogar and the Alliance with Rome, hailed by Caesar himself, empowered by Germanic gods. Let's not spoil it with the likes of Omega Syndrome and "30...
  13. Monolith

Best Newish Tacticool Games

Cannot agree. Had quite a bit of fun with Pathways, and I keep returning to it periodically. It does get repetetive after some time, but hits you with new situations every once in a while and the base game is fun enough and tough (resource management, risk taking, different characters). Also, it...
  14. Monolith

PtD source code download link

In the meantime: Can't you package it as a "Community Patch", with separate install executable, just dumping the updated files on an old install - and add that to some linkable page that links also to a download page for the original game?
  15. Monolith

Development Info Prelude to Darkness source is released

Amazing news, signle-handedly rescued a shitty weekend. Now all we need to do is get Drog to somehow work on it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom