Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by MRY

1. MRY

Fallen Gods - upcoming Norse saga-inspired roguelite from Wormwood Studios

I want to release the best game I can. I’m sure we’ll keep supporting it and adding smaller stuff. A larger expansion would depend on whether there’s an audience and what the appetite is (including with the actor who does the VO, I suppose). Honestly I would like to move on to making a new...
  2. MRY

Yes, I know no straw ever actually broke a camel's back. All the same, and Socrates notwithstanding, at some point the tolerable life depends on respecting your superstitions, rituals, and traditions rather than trying to coral them into reason. But, anyway, that particular discomfort is offset...
  3. MRY

That’s a fair concern but I don’t think anything I do is “leading” any race anywhere. If you go on Steam and examine the volume of “free to play” or “freemium” or very inexpensive games, I think the market is what it is. On its best day I don’t expect FG to occupy more than a minuscule portion...
  4. MRY

The three issues with a free release: - As noted, I want the team to have a deserved commercial credit. It’s trickier for them to say “even though it’s free, I was paid thousands of bucks, promise!” - If I want to self-fund another project out of game-dev income rather than lawyer income...
  5. MRY

Always intended to be commercial, but from the outset I wanted to preserve the option to give it away. I don’t love selling games—for the most part, people who buy them need the money more than I do. But with Primordia, Strangeland, and the failed Cloudscape project, we did profit sharing. Once...
  6. MRY

In Progress Let's Play: Fallen Gods

There are certainly various insult exchanges in the game, including regarding the god's manliness. I don't believe there are any instances where you can be insulted, leave, and return because very few events persist that way. Walking away from an insult typically bears more immediate...
  7. MRY

Jaedar I think as a technical matter, it is possible for some runs to generate in such a way that certain victory paths are practically not available. For instance, I have had runs where I couldn't find any armor (though maybe that was just bad luck in certain events) and thus couldn't get the...
  8. MRY

> not sure what is your take My take on Current Event X? That I normally don't have anything meaningful to add to the conversation about Current Event X, so I don't, even though there's often pressure on game devs to take one side or the other of every Current Event. The only soapbox I'll never...
  9. MRY

Darth Roxor No less impressive than your LPs of Primordia and Strangeland. "The shill is coming from inside the house!" Haba There are five victory paths, and the only run you saw was one where the Songbridge wasn't a viable option, so I don't think it railroads. Of the five, I'd say it's my...
  10. MRY

Yep! We've now run the gamut of American, German, Hungarian, Ukrainian, and Russian illustrators (not to mention Brazilian and Australian). We are a veritable United Nations of starving artists.
  11. MRY

Dan Miller, who joined me at the Wasteland 2 launch party in days of yore (not longer after we'd started on Fallen Gods) on the Codex's tickets.
  12. MRY

Hope the LP is successful, and thanks for the kind words. Meanwhile, belatedly, James Spanos.
  13. MRY

Next team member intro, Cleopatra Motzel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom