Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by MSP

1. The Codex’s Best Computer RPGs (pre-Diablo)

4: Wizardry 7 3: Albion 2: Dungeon Master 2 1: Arena Also, no Jagged Alliance? I remember how happy I was when I managed to bypass 8MB RAM requirements (only had 4MB) by installing Windows 3.11 and using virtual memory. Slow as hell, but worth it.
  2. Colony Ship Update #51: Early Access on April 6

After giving us Age of Decadence during The Age of Decline, Vince/ITS will always have my money. The only question is: shall I buy it on Steam or GOG? Is one of these better for ITS? Or are you not allowed to say?:)
  3. Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Just finished, 40 hours. Wouldn't say it's better than PST, but... imagine The Inn of Great RPGs. F1,F2, FNV discussing how many pop-culture references are too many. BGs&IwDs trading tales of adventure and filler combat. Oblivion and Skyrim trying and failing to persuade elder brothers to let...
  4. TBS Fantasy General II by Slitherine Games

After 6 scenarios, well... it's actually not bad. I was worried I would miss research, one of my favourites parts in FG1. But they handled it differently, and so far I don't mind. Tactically, it has more options than FG1 (which was pretty simple in this direction). Don't expect Hearts of Iron...
  5. TBS Fantasy General II by Slitherine Games

I got it, since I loved FG1. GOG is giving out codes for FG1 with the purchase of FG2, so if anyone is interested: 4CFDF-6ABFD-626E7-FCB41.
  6. What game are you wasting time on?

Imperialism II. Makes me wonder why I ever uninstalled it all the years ago.
  7. Incline Say one GOOD thing about a SHIT game

I have found RPG Codex thanks to "prestigious" magazines reviewing crap such as F3, ME, DAO as great games. I kept thinking "Come on, there must be some voice of reason on the internet; that will expose these games for the crap they are". Codex' voice of reason is a bit crazy, but hivemind's...
  8. Information Felipepepe's Encyclopedic CRPG Book Released

One of the biggest Czech news portals (idnes.cz) informs about it. In fact, I noticed it there before RPG Codex. https://bonusweb.idnes.cz/encyklopedie-rpg-hry-0r7-/Novinky.aspx?c=A180208_103855_bw-novinky_srp So, what's next? Kickstarter for leather-bound cRPG Codex?:) Respect.
  9. Game News No Truce With The Furies Christmas 2017 Teaser Trailer

So "No Truce with the Furries" is still a possibility?
  10. Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

This game, just wow. I haven't had this much fun in turn-based tactical game since, well, probably JA2. Kind of sad that Overhype cannot do JA3.
  11. Game News The Age of Decadence Released

Respect to ITS. Hope you guys enjoy this day, you accomplished what few could do. I have delayed buying till release date, I have this secret hope to see it as nr1 on Steam. Even posted a steam review, first and very probably last. Long time lurker, AoD brough me to this website in the midst...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom